DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Palm Harbor, FL

FLJeff

Reactions
I just ordered and paid for my mavic + extended warranty - Hoping to learn more here on these forums as well as perhaps meeting up with some other airmen in this area for multi fly. I've had a syma for a while, just to get a feel for flying a quad but am really a total novice and would appreciate any advice or tips. TIA :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Hello I am down in Clearwater. Lots to learn on here about the MP. Maybe we can meet up and fly sometime.

@Blades - that sounds good I'll let you know after the mav arrives [emoji3] - where have you flown already? Have you gone out to the beach?

I just ordered and paid for my mavic + extended warranty - Hoping to learn more here on these forums as well as perhaps meeting up with some other airmen in this area for multi fly. I've had a syma for a while, just to get a feel for flying a quad but am really a total novice and would appreciate any advice or tips. TIA :)
Howdy from Wyoming FLJeff, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Quick Update - I just signed for the mavic and unboxed it. Batteries and controller are on charge and blades are all on. I have read the owners manual pdf from cover to cover twice in the last few days as well watched so many you tube videos from guys like drone valley about safety precautions and getting started with the mavic etc they are kind of starting to run together in my head. As near as I can tell faa registration is still not a mandate but I haven't decided if I am going to do so anyways or not. I may try to get a 107 certificate as metars etc don't look that complicated after you know the code but again I am not sure, I may have a pitch for my boss maybe pick up some side $$ from him and so would need the 107. Next up after the charging will be firmware if needed and a few calibrations and then try a flight, probably tomorrow, depending on the weather, it's been raining every day this week so... I really appreciate all the info I've gotten already here, and am looking forward to being able to share my mavic experiences as well as being a part of such a knowledgeable community.
Thanks
Jeff

Reactions: Blades
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest