DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Saratoga Springs

seanw615

Reactions
Just received a DJI Mavic Air as a birthday present. I have a Section 336 Small UAS Certificate, but I'm hung up on the requirement below . Maybe a stupid question, but does being a member on this forum count as meeting this requirement, and if not, where might I find such a club/group in the Capital Region (I live in Saratoga Springs, NY).

Section 336(a)(2) requires model aircraft to be operated within a community- based set of safety guidelines and within the programming of a nationwide community- based organization (A membership-based group that represents the aero-modeling community and provides a comprehensive set of safety guidelines emphasizing safe operations. Drone pilots flying under Section 336 must also follow modeling club rules for activities such as flying over people and flying at night.)

Attachments

• 1544030415763.png
    1544030415763.png
    91 bytes · Views: 10
Don't think so more like AMA.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.40805

The way I understand it is you only need to follow the accepted guidelines of the organization, not be a member of it.

Just received a DJI Mavic Air as a birthday present. I have a Section 336 Small UAS Certificate, but I'm hung up on the requirement below . Maybe a stupid question, but does being a member on this forum count as meeting this requirement, and if not, where might I find such a club/group in the Capital Region (I live in Saratoga Springs, NY).

Section 336(a)(2) requires model aircraft to be operated within a community- based set of safety guidelines and within the programming of a nationwide community- based organization (A membership-based group that represents the aero-modeling community and provides a comprehensive set of safety guidelines emphasizing safe operations. Drone pilots flying under Section 336 must also follow modeling club rules for activities such as flying over people and flying at night.)
Howdy from Wyoming @seanw615 , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to the forum! :)

The way I understand it is you only need to follow the accepted guidelines of the organization, not be a member of it.
Right. One does not need to pay the AMA in order to follow their rules (if that's the CBO of choice).

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Best regards and good luck,

Rob

Hey to all,
Thanks for the welcome and for the advice on meeting the guidelines but not requiring membership. Looking forward to flying and participating in this forum!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic Air, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead