DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello From Singapore

Casperfong

Reactions
Hi to all, hope you all are well, i am new to flying drones, even though i have been an aviator in the airforce for almost 20 yrs..the experienced the excitement is very different to be on board an aircraft and flying a drone looking through on the small screen ( lacking a dimension of sensory feel and situational awareness of the surrounding environments). it's not an easy task...i can into drone flying it's because I have recent received a Mavic pro for last Xmas but i have no time to fly.
Finally the rain stops after the rainy season i finally get to fly it today the weather has improved..i decided to do a few ground run as i have change of blades to a low noise blade (to ensure it is well balance and no abnormal vibrations before i take it to the sky) the result is impressive!! i also get to finally calibrated the compass before flight too.

Did some low level flying and manoeuvres for familiarisation.. and took the drone up and fly around the area which i have maintaining the line of sight all the time. occasionally , i got high wind warning due to slight overcast weather with gusting wind conditions after bad weather and also low signal warning..i believed is due to the buildings around the flight path. But need less to say i enjoyed the first flight. I have been reading this forum and find a lot of useful tips , advise and open reporting on their lesson learn that was paid with their hard earn $$$ . Thank you for sharing them....it is very beneficial and it is well appriciated.

Hope, i can contribute some of my experience in the near future in a good way... see ya.

Reactions: dirkclod
Hi to all, hope you all are well, i am new to flying drones, even though i have been an aviator in the airforce for almost 20 yrs..the experienced the excitement is very different to be on board an aircraft and flying a drone looking through on the small screen ( lacking a dimension of sensory feel and situational awareness of the surrounding environments). it's not an easy task...i can into drone flying it's because I have recent received a Mavic pro for last Xmas but i have no time to fly.
Finally the rain stops after the rainy season i finally get to fly it today the weather has improved..i decided to do a few ground run as i have change of blades to a low noise blade (to ensure it is well balance and no abnormal vibrations before i take it to the sky) the result is impressive!! i also get to finally calibrated the compass before flight too.

Did some low level flying and manoeuvres for familiarisation.. and took the drone up and fly around the area which i have maintaining the line of sight all the time. occasionally , i got high wind warning due to slight overcast weather with gusting wind conditions after bad weather and also low signal warning..i believed is due to the buildings around the flight path. But need less to say i enjoyed the first flight. I have been reading this forum and find a lot of useful tips , advise and open reporting on their lesson learn that was paid with their hard earn $$$ . Thank you for sharing them....it is very beneficial and it is well appriciated.

Hope, i can contribute some of my experience in the near future in a good way... see ya.

Hi

Welcome, I am also a nube to drones and just joined the forum today after having received a Mavic Pro for Xmas. My wife was recently in your country on business and loved it, she said it was very beautiful so looking forward to seeing some of your footage.

Reactions: Casperfong
Welcome and enjoy your Mavic

OOooh! I like your V-rod Anthony, very nice. I just recently sold my heavily customised Yamaha XVS as I couldn't do any more too it and I miss her :(but I am tossing up between the V-rod and Breakout for my next bike as I love them both, so how do you find the V-rod? I have a couple of mates that have them and love them but I don't know anybody with a Breakout for a comparison. What do you think?

OOooh! I like your V-rod Anthony, very nice. I just recently sold my heavily customised Yamaha XVS as I couldn't do any more too it and I miss her :(but I am tossing up between the V-rod and Breakout for my next bike as I love them both, so how do you find the V-rod? I have a couple of mates that have them and love them but I don't know anybody with a Breakout for a comparison. What do you think?
Get the Breakout! I've owned over 30 Harleys throughout the years and I usually keep 2 in my stable. The bought the Vrod (Nightrod) from a guy that need money quickly and I only kept it for a short period. If you want a true Harley, the the Breakout is the way to go. Here's a pic pf my Softail Slim:

Attachments

• USE (2).JPG
    USE (2).JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 11
Also OP I apologise but I love bikes too, Anthony your Softail Slim is Sickkk! I love it, it's gorgeous. Thanks for the advice, I was swinging to the Breakout but you have helped me make my decision, now, do you want to speak to my wife and convince her :)
I just noticed that you live "down under"...many "hard core" Harley guys down there.

Softail Models - Harley Davidson Forums

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Howdy from Wyoming @Casperfong , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome to the forum.

I am heading over to Singapore in April this year. Any issues bringing the drone thru customs that you know of ?

Welcome to the forum.

I am heading over to Singapore in April this year. Any issues bringing the drone thru customs that you know of ?

Hi should not be a problem, but sop note on the regulation on the batteries ( to be check in or hand carry) .. also there are some restricted area that you can't fly the drone... and the max hight is 200ft. can't fly in any of the national parks.. but dun worry there is plenty of empty space out there. also do take not the interference of sign might set in as you know city are with lot's of buildings and my cause inference to the signal .. so try not to fly too far and out of sight..

Hello!
We are a group of JC 1 students from Temasek Junior College.
We would like to conduct a survey for the purpose of our Project Work (PW) topic on the use of small drones in Singapore.
We would like to gather information and opinions from drone users in Singapore to integrate them into our written report.
If you are willing to help us, please click on this link: Understanding the use of UAVs in Singapore
We appreciate your response, thank you!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905