DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Somerset, UK

Hi everyone, I’m Neil in Somerset, England, and a relatively new drone owner - finally bought one last month after 10 years of interest in them… great fun and wish I’d got one years ago. Trying to make up for lost time, part way through a UK A2 CofC qualification and as soon as I’ve found the thin sliver of green and pleasant land that is *not* an RFZ/NT/EH/NE/SSSI/National Park/Royal Estate/feudal fiefdom I’ll be out for some practice flying!

Mainly personal interest but I once had my own small video production business and the wee Mini 3 Pro has rekindled my interest in videography again. I’d like to film some current work-related stuff too so figure I’d best get the qualifications and some commercial insurance to make it easier.

Joined here after finding the answers to several questions so thanks and appreciate the expertise and experience.
Welcome from just across the border in Sturminster Newton, Dorset. Only got my Mini 2 a couple of months ago and spent most of the time looking out of the window at the rain and wind! Loved what I have done and looking forward to the summer, but meantime hoping to take it to Turkey to view some of the sights in a different way.

You are very welcome. Not flying today in case my MA2 ends up in your County somewhere. The wind is unbelievable. Be safe and good luck with A2C of C.
UAV Forecast telling me we’re getting 64 knot gusts and nearly 40 knots average - not sure a Mini 3 Pro would be optimal in that. Two lots of sustained very heavy hail as well this afternoon. A2CofC practice might have to wait for a while :)

Welcome from just across the border in Sturminster Newton, Dorset. Only got my Mini 2 a couple of months ago and spent most of the time looking out of the window at the rain and wind! Loved what I have done and looking forward to the summer, but meantime hoping to take it to Turkey to view some of the sights in a different way.
It’s been a bit dire. I want to use the drone to film some on-water ship model trials we’re doing on a lake in Hampshire and we’ve been stalled by the weather for about 6 weeks now. I’m getting a bit bored flying over the house and round the garden in the odd half hour breaks in between the Apocalypse.

Greetings Neil, welcome to the forum from the outback of Australia.
Regards
Thanks, jeez what an amazing part of the planet to be flying a drone. Don’t they melt out there? Not made it to the outback but did once make it to the soft safe bits down south in Sydney and Melbourne for about 6 days on a business trip. Not time to see much but two things really struck me: the light and the art, both of which were astonishing. The colour palette of the landscape and the art is so so different to the UK and Europe, TV and photos don’t really prepare you for it. I just grabbed as many photos and bits of tourist art as I could before I had to fly home. Awesome place, but not a fan of your spiders…

the reason i asked was because ,due to the changes that came into force having the A2 C of C ,which i myself have passed ,rather took away the whole point of its usefulness
i agree that the knowledge gained from doing the course and passing the exam at the end ,is useful when it comes to flying your drone, and it would mean that you would be able to fly the Mavic 3 in the extended Legacy requirements for that weight of drone, closer than the 150m distance ,till the end of 2025 ,when it will become obsolete ,if the CAA keeps to what they have said , about a complete rethink of the open category for recreational flying
I understand all the rules when I am studying them: but then a few weeks later I have forgotten them all again!

Hi everyone, I’m Neil in Somerset, England, and a relatively new drone owner - finally bought one last month after 10 years of interest in them… great fun and wish I’d got one years ago. Trying to make up for lost time, part way through a UK A2 CofC qualification and as soon as I’ve found the thin sliver of green and pleasant land that is *not* an RFZ/NT/EH/NE/SSSI/National Park/Royal Estate/feudal fiefdom I’ll be out for some practice flying!

Mainly personal interest but I once had my own small video production business and the wee Mini 3 Pro has rekindled my interest in videography again. I’d like to film some current work-related stuff too so figure I’d best get the qualifications and some commercial insurance to make it easier.

Joined here after finding the answers to several questions so thanks and appreciate the expertise and experience.
Hi Neil,
Welcome to the Forum from Devon / Somerset Border UK.

Thanks, jeez what an amazing part of the planet to be flying a drone. Don’t they melt out there? Not made it to the outback but did once make it to the soft safe bits down south in Sydney and Melbourne for about 6 days on a business trip. Not time to see much but two things really struck me: the light and the art, both of which were astonishing. The colour palette of the landscape and the art is so so different to the UK and Europe, TV and photos don’t really prepare you for it. I just grabbed as many photos and bits of tourist art as I could before I had to fly home. Awesome place, but not a fan of your spiders…
Thanks Greyday, it’s certainly different from your part of the world.
Regards

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+