DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Tacoma, WA. USA

Mr. P

Reactions
Greetings to all.
My Mavic just left mainland China and is due to arrive in a week. This will be my first time piloting a complex UAV/UAS and I plan to ease into it. I'm pretty sure that crashes are inevitable but I hope to keep them few and minor by taking small steps.
I do have one question that my research has not been able to answer yet. Where does FAA define the beginning point of the 5 mile radial from an airport? All my experience with the FAA as well as my instincts tell me that it is the geographical center of the airport property, but it could very well be the edge of the property. This is regarding an un-towered airport between 4.9 mi. and 5.1 miles (best estimate) from my home.
More questions to come but that's it for now.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to DronePilots newest forum Mr P and beleave you are corrct but you can find all the info you seek here sUAV Rules & Regulations .:)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

I live in Bellevue, been flying Phantoms all over the place. 5 mile radius is horizontal distance from any edge. Stay clear in short. We should start a group for the greater Seattle area....

Greetings to all.
My Mavic just left mainland China and is due to arrive in a week. This will be my first time piloting a complex UAV/UAS and I plan to ease into it. I'm pretty sure that crashes are inevitable but I hope to keep them few and minor by taking small steps.
I do have one question that my research has not been able to answer yet. Where does FAA define the beginning point of the 5 mile radial from an airport? All my experience with the FAA as well as my instincts tell me that it is the geographical center of the airport property, but it could very well be the edge of the property. This is regarding an un-towered airport between 4.9 mi. and 5.1 miles (best estimate) from my home.
More questions to come but that's it for now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom