DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New in Waynesville - and NCDOT law question

aframe9999

Reactions
Hello... recently got an Air 3 and today passed my 107 exam. In looking over the requirements for the NCDOT, i know there's a test and specific laws about privacy and launch and recovery...

I have spent too much time on Google and am not coming up with anything definitive. My question specifically relates to:

§ 15A-300.2. Regulation of launch and recovery sites. (a) No unmanned aircraft system may be launched or recovered from any State or private property without consent.

What does NC define as "private real property" and "State Property". I understand a private individual's home or land, and State parks etc. But what about things like...

The Walmart (or some other business's) parking lot? Is that considered private property since it's owned by a corporation and the public is invited?

Sidewalk, or easement along the side of a road? is that state owned?

Can someone point me to the specific section in the NC Code that defines Private Real Property?

Thanks
Andy

Hello from the Crossroads of America aframe9999.

Nice to meet you Andy. 🤝

I can't answer your question, just wanted to say hi and say you'll probably hear from BigAl07 soon.

He lives in NC and is knowledgeable in Part 107 stuff.

Anywho, welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Reactions: aframe9999
In N.C. I can't tell you 100% However in California:
The Walmart (or some other business's) parking lot?
Yes the Walmart is Private property and if you takeoff and land in the parking lot they can trespass you. In fact Walmart has a drone policy.
Sidewalk, or easement along the side of a road? is that state owned?
The sidewalks and easements are considered public and unless there is an ordinance against it you may launch from the sidewalk as for the easement yes but you cannot block access to the property nor can you disrupt traffic. so not from the street or entrance.

Reactions: aframe9999
Welcome!! I'm from Waynesville as well. Drop me a DM sometime and I can help.

Allen

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas