DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from the Low Country in SC

Oi Mate. Welcome to the friendly skies. I myself am fairly new and when I introduced myself I was surprised by how many people welcomed me. I in turn like to return the kindness when I notice the new members greetings. So anyhoo, welcome aboard.
one quick word of advice, if you don’t mind. If you have a question, be sure to check if there is an existing thread with reference to your inquiry before you start a new thread. I’m not positive why it’s caused people to get annoyed, but I’ve noticed from experience that that seems to be frowned upon. I don’t know if it’s just me, but I had a few people mention it as an issue. But another spot of knowledge that I would recommend, is abbreviations, be sure to brush up. It’ll help a lot. Be sure to study the AIM - Aeronautical Information Manual. It’s a great source.
Beyond that my friends. May your skies remain blue and calm.
X51

Greetings from the Low Country of SC. Long time interest in aviation and drones but finally commutes and picked up the Mavic Air 2. Looking forward to lots of flying and video/photography. Looking forward to participating in discussions here on MP.

Welcome from Western NC - "Land of the Waterfalls."

Advice is to get an app like Kittyhawk / etc to tell you where N0o Fly Zones / Restricted Areas / etc are in your local area or where you plan to fly. Sadly, many states / cities have laws banning drone fly taking off / landing in parks and such. Do a Google search for SC and where you plan to fly.

National Parks are a definite no-no too, "BUT" again you can take-off / land outside of them and fly in their airspace "currently." Some morons in Congress - one guy from Utah - is trying to even ban that and other places. So, it's fairly fluid.

The apps help you know more, but they are not all inclusive. Always be respectful when around others (esp LEO types like Park Rangers / etc.) and be very aware of your surroundings when flying.

HAPPY FLYING!

Greetings from the Low Country of SC. Long time interest in aviation and drones but finally commutes and picked up the Mavic Air 2. Looking forward to lots of flying and video/photography. Looking forward to participating in discussions here on MP.
Welcome to this forum family!

Welcome from Western NC - "Land of the Waterfalls."

Advice is to get an app like Kittyhawk / etc to tell you where N0o Fly Zones / Restricted Areas / etc are in your local area or where you plan to fly. Sadly, many states / cities have laws banning drone fly taking off / landing in parks and such. Do a Google search for SC and where you plan to fly.

National Parks are a definite no-no too, "BUT" again you can take-off / land outside of them and fly in their airspace "currently." Some morons in Congress - one guy from Utah - is trying to even ban that and other places. So, it's fairly fluid.

The apps help you know more, but they are not all inclusive. Always be respectful when around others (esp LEO types like Park Rangers / etc.) and be very aware of your surroundings when flying.

HAPPY FLYING!
Indeed I got B4UFLY and Kittyhawk for LAANC. Plan on using that to get auth if needed and then unlock Geo with the DJI app (would be great if the DJI app did LAANC.
Thanks for the advice. Can wait to fly a bunch.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98