DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from the Netherlands

Welcome to our Forum, from Hauptmann in Texas USA!

You'll find that flying any DJI quad is so easy. They practically fly themselves. This can lead to overconfidence.

Read the manual, and be conservative at first. Practice, practice, practice. Learn to use “Find My Drone”. Chances are you will crash and perhaps lose your bird. Don't wait until that happens to learn how to recover a lost drone.

Lots of good stuff to shoot throughout the Netherlands and EU. Whenever you need help, there are over 100,000 of us from around the world to assist you as you gain experience and grow as a pilot and photographer.

Glad to have you as a member!

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

welcome to the forum, practice makes perfect take your time you will get there

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome from Chicago the Windy City. The vast majority of us have done what your doing, wanting to fly before learning about the aircraft. For instance do you have a preflight Check list? Or a preflight check list ( in Field)
How about Takeoff procedure. or After takeoff procedure? How about after landing check List? And above all, EMERGENCY PROCEDURE. How about Abort RTH in a emergency, lets say your drone is coming home, and you forgot to make sure its return path is high enough. It is going to hit a 28 story building unless you abort RTH. Love your area, been there to visit a number of times, without a drone. Its is a good idea, to learn how to fly,
and know procedure in Emergency. Many things to learn, for instance about RTH, it has 3 features to RTH. #1. Smart RTH #2 Low Battery RTH # 3. Fail safe RTH. Which one are you going to use, especially if you lose VLOS, how do you get it home if you can't see where its at. Looks like everyone is trying to help you be ready to fly your air camera. Anyway please fly safe and read up on some very important topics. Many things to learn, so you don't end up
losing the drone, and not have really gotten to fly it. I did not read everybody's comments, I thought I would put in my two cents worth.

Hi everyone!

I'm a beginner pilot and already once almost drowned the drone (Stopped the emergency landing on time). I'm trying to make videos about the Netherlands and put it on Youtube, but so far it’s not very good :)
Hi dude :)
I am also new and living in NL. Do you have any idea about some recommended areas to fly a drone in NL? When I see the map, many places are restricted and I am a bit worried about flying over them. I also don't know the exact meaning of yellow colour (All the canals or rivers are yellow!). does it mean that we are not allowed to fly on rivers at all or it just means we need to take care of the ground hazard? sorry, I am not originally Dutch and cannot understand a map which is in Dutch :)

Welcome to the forum. You will find plenty of support and assistance. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys