DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from the Olympia Wa area

Tomwashington

Reactions
Well, after a short panic of not being able to find the menus I wanted and a hurried post here (thank you to those who replied) Wanted to do the "hi" thing from a new member. I am west of Olympia Wa. about half way to the ocean.

I had an original Phantom and loved the thing. up until I smashed it into a rock wall behind a waterfall. Hey, I thought I could do it. Don't judge me. Got the bug again and just bought the MP2. First impression is that it is a better machine. Sort of. I think? Much more complicated to operate, but I believe it is the app. Video is incredible with many more customized settings. I see what they are doing. Still having problems with the RTH function. Maybe another panic thread coming. I don't know. I need a big open field to experiment in and its awful cold out this week. The only place I have is next to my duck pond and the craft seems to be attracting them. You got to be quick on the take off and landings. I do have some incredible footage of ducks attacking the drone though.

If there is anyone in the area up on the MP2 and wants to get together please let me know. I know this great waterfall I want to film.

Tom

Attachments

• IMG_6618.jpeg
    IMG_6618.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 12
Welcome to the forum, and greetings from San Diego.

Don’t panic...a large open field is the best possible training site.

Safe flying!

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.
Be sure to DL the full 70 page manual for your drone from the DJI site.
I did find that as a mention on a thread I was looking over. Right then and there I knew this place was something I wanted to subscribe to. Best to AZ, lived in Tucson for quite a while.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

WELCOME to the forum :)

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11