DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from the UK

Carl_H

Reactions
Hi!

I'm Carl and I'm from the south west of England. I've been into photography for about 9 years now, with landscapes being my main subject. I've been using film cameras recently (medium and large format wooden field cameras), so these high tech drones are quite a change of pace!!

I've never used a drone before, and I've never worked with video. It's going to be quite a learning curve I think! I've got a Mavic Air (Onyx Fly More) arriving tomorrow as a 30th birthday present to myself, and I'm super excited to get on and learn the ropes.

Please excuse all the daft questions I'm likely to ask over the next few months :D

Cheers.

Carl.

Reactions: Kvark and dirkclod
Reactions: Carl_H
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
:)

Reactions: Carl_H
Hi Carl_H
Bid You welcome from a fellow brit...:)
The MP is easy to fly, dont worry... Keep it in beginner mode until you are confident, this forum and youtube are your friend, there are tons of videos for beginners.
Try this link
Good Luck Waylander

Reactions: Carl_H and Kvark
Welcome aboard from another soft southerner :-D

Welcome! This is a great place and you’ll get lots of help. Newish to drone flying as well and the help I’ve received from the group has been amazing.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

I had a quick fly in the garden after work yesterday but didn't go too high as it's quite a built up area (and I was too scared to go any higher :D). It's so much easier to control than I was expecting, so I'm really looking forward to using it more.

Just got some insurance sorted out (FPVUK for public liability and Photoguard for acidental damage) so now I can take it out and have some fun this afternoon :)

Reactions: Kvark
Hi!

I'm Carl and I'm from the south west of England. I've been into photography for about 9 years now, with landscapes being my main subject. I've been using film cameras recently (medium and large format wooden field cameras), so these high tech drones are quite a change of pace!!

I've never used a drone before, and I've never worked with video. It's going to be quite a learning curve I think! I've got a Mavic Air (Onyx Fly More) arriving tomorrow as a 30th birthday present to myself, and I'm super excited to get on and learn the ropes.

Please excuse all the daft questions I'm likely to ask over the next few months :D

Cheers.

Carl.
Howdy from Wyoming @Carl_H , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djiNonMini