DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from the UK

pa_taylor

Reactions
Hello and thank you for having me on the forum.

A little introduction, my name is Paul and I'm from Blackpool, UK. I have recently bought a Mavic Mini but keep getting conflicting information on rights and wrongs. I know the basics such as weight of 249g so adding attachments will add to weight, I cant fly closer than 50m to buildings and people, 120m max height and no fly zone restrictions unless permission is granted.

What I really need confirming is licensing and that. I am aware that licensing is not required due to weight but from end of 2020, I will need to register. However I am a YouTuber and have wanted to use the drone for a few seconds in long videos (40mins roughtly), does this mean I do actually need a PFCO/license? I am monitised on the channel, so frankly could turn this off this feature for these videos if need be so there would be no financial gain, but what are the official rules for this?? Also, what do I officially need to be aware of for such the mavic mini later this year? And does anyone know the rough costs?

Anyway, I know you love pictures, here a low height image of our beach and our Pier (no one on the beach at the time).
Thanks in advance guysDJI_0048.jpg

Welcome to the forum. You will find all sorts of helpful advice and support. We look forward to seeing your view of the world.

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. Also, the search function (magnifying glass icon upper right) is a great way to find answers to many of the questions a "newbie" will have. We were all "newbies" at one point.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Reactions: Hauptmann
Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome and hello fellow neighbour. Im from the edge of manchester near to Derbyshire. i just did a video celebrating Britain and would of loved some Blackpool footage.
This is the video

Welcome to the forum from the beautiful woods of Maine!

Welcome to our Forum, from the friendly skies of Texas, USA!

The Mini was a good choice.
Despite its small size and low price, it has good performance and a reasonably good camera. The Mini weighs only 249 grams, so it doesn't fly as well in wind as well as the heavier drones. On windy days, it’s best to fly upwind so that you’ll have a tailwind on the way back. Read the manual, and practice using the “Find My Drone” App. Chances are you'll crash and/or lose your Mini. Don't wait until that happens to learn how to recover a lost drone.

Also, you might consider hacking the FCC mode. It will give you higher signal strength and better protection from lost connection. Lots of fun stuff to shoot all over the UK and the EU. When you have questions, there are over 100,000 of us here to help you be a better pilot and photographer. Just ask!

Happy flying!

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello and thank you for having me on the forum.

A little introduction, my name is Paul and I'm from Blackpool, UK. I have recently bought a Mavic Mini but keep getting conflicting information on rights and wrongs. I know the basics such as weight of 249g so adding attachments will add to weight, I cant fly closer than 50m to buildings and people, 120m max height and no fly zone restrictions unless permission is granted.

What I really need confirming is licensing and that. I am aware that licensing is not required due to weight but from end of 2020, I will need to register. However I am a YouTuber and have wanted to use the drone for a few seconds in long videos (40mins roughtly), does this mean I do actually need a PFCO/license? I am monitised on the channel, so frankly could turn this off this feature for these videos if need be so there would be no financial gain, but what are the official rules for this?? Also, what do I officially need to be aware of for such the mavic mini later this year? And does anyone know the rough costs?

Anyway, I know you love pictures, here a low height image of our beach and our Pier (no one on the beach at the time).
Thanks in advance guysView attachment 107888
Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.

Welcome and hello fellow neighbour. Im from the edge of manchester near to Derbyshire. i just did a video celebrating Britain and would of loved some Blackpool footage.
This is the video
Great shots - but you missed one of the iconic M62 at rush hour on a Friday just to round things off ?

• Haha
Reactions: Drone UK
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S