DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from upstate N.Y. in the Adirondack Mountains.

Hotdog

Reactions
It's been raining a lot up here so not much flight time. I do have a question though, I have a new Mavic Air and yesterday I went out and flew straight up to 230 feet hovered for about 5 minutes just rotating the drone in a circle and then brought it back down to 6 feet and then started flying straight I got about 20 feet away and I got a warning low battery so I landed. I have less than an hour flight time and I've read that I should be able to fly about 20 minutes or so. Full battery and I have battery warning set at 20%. ?

Reactions: Hauptmann
Welcome to the forum! :)

I have a new Mavic Air and yesterday I went out and flew straight up to 230 feet hovered for about 5 minutes just rotating the drone in a circle and then brought it back down to 6 feet and then started flying straight I got about 20 feet away and I got a warning low battery so I landed.
Are you sure the battery was really fully charged? If not, that's likely what cut your flight short.

If you did start with a fully charged battery, then take a look at your TXT flight log here to see if it explains what happened. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then post a link back here after you upload it.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Are you sure the battery was really fully charged? If not, that's likely what cut your flight short.

If you did start with a fully charged battery, then take a look at your TXT flight log here to see if it explains what happened. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then post a link back here after you upload it.
I looked at the log and it seems I started with a battery that only had 59% charge. I'd like to thank you for showing me how to view the TXT flight log. Am I to assume that my battery has three cells? I've looked at a lot of videos about my Mavic Air and between the black flies and the rain very little flight time, probably less than an hour.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2019-05-31_[15-39-59].txt
    668.3 KB · Views: 3
I looked at the log and it seems I started with a battery that only had 59% charge. I'd like to thank you for showing me how to view the TXT flight log. Am I to assume that my battery has three cells? I've looked at a lot of videos about my Mavic Air and between the black flies and the rain very little flight time, probably less than an hour.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Don't forget that the battery will discharge automatically after 10 days (the default time set in DJI Go 4). On the Mavic Air I tend to get around 15 minutes of flight time. Fly safe and have fun!

I'm trying to send a video of my last flight which is amateur-est at best. I'm like some feed back as to what I did wrong other than rotating the Drone too fast. (If I can figure how to sent it.) tries to send but it said file too large for server to process. oh well. the video is block y in parts is the best way to describe it.

@Hotdog, you can upload the video to YouTube.com and post the link back here to share it.

I tried to upload to youtube but my video is in the wrong format so youtube said. What format does my mavic air use?

I found out about my above questions. My videos are blocky and pixels seem to shift at time but I uploaded three videos so far and other than taking forever to finish, there all right now, crisp and clear. I am using auto in video mode. Not sure why the videos look scramble in parts right from the drone? any ideas? another question I have when I try to land my Mavic Air I do it manually and it seems it doesn't want to get to close to me. Is there a setting to set distance from an object. Reason being I live on a lake a lot of trees around our Camp so I don't have a lot of room to get up in the air to practice so landing close is what I need to do, at least when I practice here.

Not sure why the videos look scramble in parts right from the drone? any ideas?
Are you seeing this in the live video while flying?

when I try to land my Mavic Air I do it manually and it seems it doesn't want to get to close to me
What exactly is happening when you try to land close to yourself?

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I did a video today and watched it on my smart phone and the video was clear and sharp, as it was when I was flying the drone. Put the sd card in my computer and some spots were scrambled. could it be my computer? as it is quite old. I tried to attach the file again and was told file is too big, if I download it to you tube it comes out clear and sharp, and you wouldn't see the problem.

Put the sd card in my computer and some spots were scrambled. could it be my computer?
Certainly.

Try copying the videos from the card to your computer before playing them. If that doesn't help, try a different video player (like VLC). And if that still doesn't help, you could shoot video in a resolution lower than 4K.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett