DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Utah! Headed to Iceland soon with first time drone. Looking for some tips :)

RodLiberal

Reactions
Hi everyone, seasoned photographer new to drones (Mavic Pro 2) and I'm loving it so far. I'm headed to Iceland in a month and any tips would be really appreciated. More interested right now in things like gear and shot planning (any software anyone uses that I may not know about).

Cheers,

Rod

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: RodLiberal
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Hi everyone, seasoned photographer new to drones (Mavic Pro 2) and I'm loving it so far. I'm headed to Iceland in a month and any tips would be really appreciated. More interested right now in things like gear and shot planning (any software anyone uses that I may not know about).

Cheers,

Rod
Howdy from Wyoming @RodLiberal , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome!

Here’s a a video link of my recent trip:

Many places are drone restricted. But you could always launch from afar and fly higher.

Welcome!

Here’s a a video link of my recent trip:

Many places are drone restricted. But you could always launch from afar and fly higher.

Wow, your video just got me even more excited! Thanks for the heads up on restrictions. I imagine most of those would be in towns? I'm hoping most places outside of towns will be mostly void of people this time of year, but who knows. Iceland's getting to be pretty popular, even in the Winter.

Great video, music and edit. I'll share mine when I come back! :) Cheers!

The best scenic places are in the highlands. Hope the 'F' roads are still open in Nov. Beware they are treacherous. You will need a 4x4. Preferably a bigger one like a Toyota Land Cruiser.

Here's another video on the southern central highlands:

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard