DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello. I came here for research and possibly help others if I can

Reactions
I'm Paul from New Jersey. I purchased a drone for my Arctic Ocean trip last year. I got my Mini 3 Pro with DJI RC 14 months ago and 5 months ago I "upgraded" to the DJI RC Pro controller. And here is where my problems started. I set up the RC Pro as a normal user would. Unbound DJI RC from the drone, bound DJI RC Pro to the drone, updated all firmware, flight safe data and the drone was perfect since January, or so I thought. Then basically slowed down using the drone for 4 months as it was cold. Long story short, The remote logged me out as 3 months have passed which with a recent update (unknown to me) both of my controllers logged me out because I did not connect them to the net. RC Pro has cleared my username and password so now I forgot what username and password I used 14 months ago with the original DJI RC controller which is also logged out. So I am here to research how to retrieve the original username and password from the controller so I can keep my DJI Flight Record Data up to date for my own information. I created a new username and password but old DJI Flight Record Data is not showing. I am never going to upload the data to the DJI cloud as it's none of their business when, where and how I fly. So this is why I joined this forum. When I allot more time i'll start using the forum search in the next few days to see if anyone else has been able to retrieve username and password out of a logged out controller.

Welcome Sorry to hear you are having a problem.
Did you purchase it from DJI? - DJI Will NEVER give a password or username to ANYONE ( It's policy). However in your case you just may be fine.
You should contact DJI with your purchase info and anything else you can provide. If you have the ORIGINAL PURCHASE info they will help you. If this is a second hand purchase you will have to remember your info to Log on. DJI has a policy that they will NEVER unbrick a Drone and the only exception would be for you to provide the original purchase info.

Hi welcome to the forum. Are you asking us if there is a way to hack into your controller to retrieve the username and password hidden inside?

Reactions: RodPad
Hello from the Crossroads of America sonicmixmaster.

Nice to meet you Paul. 🤝

Hopefully you'll get the stuff sorted out.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Thanks for a warm welcome. No I did not buy it from DJI. It was Amazon. It's not a hack I am looking for. All the flight data files are on the controller and I have backups from April. The problem is the controller is not loading them and I see 0 flight distance, hours and the other stuff it shows. I need to merge those logs into the new user. And I believe my DJI controller login info is different from DJI website login that I used there to try to get some help. DJI forum is useless. It reminds me of Apple forum. So I decided to try here.

If you logged onto the DJI forum via computer then go to that forum via your computer and you should still be logged in. If so there is a chance that the forum will show you the 'human readable' username.

Or, if you every flew the drone using the same account and a phone then SWITCH THE WIFI ON THAT PHONE OFF or, on your WiFi broadcaster, revoke its permission to access wifi , then open the app on that phone and you might see your login name.

The automated log out is communicated to all WiFi devices as soon* as those devices connect to the internet.
*i am not sure if it is literally as soon as the device connects to the internet OR if it is as soon as the app connects to the internet.

Or, using the email address associated with the old account, email DJI and ask them if they can tell you the user name and or reset the password.
It might also be an idea to check that email address just in case an existing email from DJI mentions your user name.

With regards to the password, if you succeed in retrieving the username then there maybe an automated procedure for resetting the password.

With regards to seeing logs recorded under login A when using login B, that is not possible ..... ever ... ...no matter what you do.
The app will only display those logs that were flown under its login.
The logs recorded under alternative logins WILL NOT be shown in the app but those logs can be viewed via computer etc. and processed via the likes of phantom help or airdata.
If you wish to use airdata then I think you will have to copy the 'other' logs to you computer and then manually upload them from the computer to Airdata.

DO NOT use the airdata app to upload logs to airdata, I believe that that requires the flight logs to be synced with DJI .

If you wish to be permanently able to review ALL the logs PRIVATELY then look at FlightReader but be aware you will have to buy that software. If you have only one drone or perhaps 3? then you could get away with buying the cheapest version. I won it in the Christmas raffle and it is blooming handy.

Last edited:
Since the app will only show logs flown under its login I think that there MUST be some information recorded in the log that IDs the login in some way.
Unfortunately that information is not shown in the log.
Drat.

If you logged onto the DJI forum via computer then go to that forum via your computer and you should still be logged in. If so there is a chance that the forum will show you the 'human readable' username.

Or, if you every flew the drone using the same account and a phone then SWITCH THE WIFI ON THAT PHONE OFF or, on your WiFi broadcaster, revoke its permission to access wifi , then open the app on that phone and you might see your login name.

The automated log out is communicated to all WiFi devices as soon* as those devices connect to the internet.
*i am not sure if it is literally as soon as the device connects to the internet OR if it is as soon as the app connects to the internet.

Or, using the email address associated with the old account, email DJI and ask them if they can tell you the user name and or reset the password.
It might also be an idea to check that email address just in case an existing email from DJI mentions your user name.

With regards to the password, if you succeed in retrieving the username then there maybe an automated procedure for resetting the password.

With regards to seeing logs recorded under login A when using login B, that is not possible ..... ever ... ...no matter what you do.
The app will only display those logs that were flown under its login.
The logs recorded under alternative logins WILL NOT be shown in the app but those logs can be viewed via computer etc. and processed via the likes of phantom help or airdata.
If you wish to use airdata then I think you will have to copy the 'other' logs to you computer and then manually upload them from the computer to Airdata.

DO NOT use the airdata app to upload logs to airdata, I believe that that requires the flight logs to be synced with DJI .

If you wish to be permanently able to review ALL the logs PRIVATELY then look at FlightReader but be aware you will have to buy that software. If you have only one drone or perhaps 3? then you could get away with buying the cheapest version. I won it in the Christmas raffle and it is blooming handy.
He can get everything he needs here: DJI Account
Once you get access to your account, it will be inevitable and obvious on where you go from there.

If he cannot get it here then it can't be gotten. If it's not your own email (username) then you are SOL

No one is ever locked out because they forget their credentials; that isn't a thing.

He can get everything he needs here: DJI Account
Once you get access to your account, it will be inevitable and obvious on where you go from there.

If he cannot get it here then it can't be gotten. If it's not your own email (username) then you are SOL

No one is ever locked out because they forget their credentials; that isn't a thing.
You say "No one is ever locked out because they forget their credentials; that isn't a thing." but that's pretty much exactly what is being described. There is a point when you fire up your drone and may be asked to log in and you absolutely do need to know your log in and password or you really are in a bind just as this describes and to make it worse when that happens and you are entirely out of cell phone or wifi contact you are simply grounded. I've never understood why this is the case but it's one of those frustrating aspects of the DJI world.

You say "No one is ever locked out because they forget their credentials; that isn't a thing." but that's pretty much exactly what is being described. There is a point when you fire up your drone and may be asked to log in and you absolutely do need to know your log in and password or you really are in a bind just as this describes and to make it worse when that happens and you are entirely out of cell phone or wifi contact you are simply grounded. I've never understood why this is the case but it's one of those frustrating aspects of the DJI world.
Agreed, you are locked out for other reasons (no wifi, no access, no cellphone, etc) but not because you forget. The mechanisms are there for you if all you've done is "forget." ;)

Welcome to the forum. You will find plenty of support here. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

I am a member of the DJI Forum and I also use Google Password Manager for my non-critical passwords; like my web site memberships…

If by chance you used the same user name and password for the forum and the flight account, then you might be in luck…

I do not see anyway for the DJI Forum to display the email address or password for the Forum Account, but if you are also using the Google Autofill and Password Manager, then when I log out, and tried to log back in, Google fills the email address in for me and the password.

The Password is "apostrophed" out (*****) but there is a "display eyeball" on the right side to display it, click it and the password is displayed in readable format…

You wrote, "I am never going to upload the data to the DJI cloud as it's none of their business when, where and how I fly" and this attitude may have dug you a hole so deep that not only can you not see out, you can't even get out, metaphorically speaking…

I hope you learn something from this experience and write down those passwords; for instance, the Use name and password to this web site…

Thanks to all. And replying to LoudThunder. The DJI controller login is crap. There is absolutely no need to completely clear the username and password when the 90 day timeout happens. Absolutely no reason for that. Clearing the password is sufficient especially when one controller can only fly one drone at a time. Logging into the controller is not as critical as logging into a website or a bank app for example. I now completely understand the reasons for the 90 day time out when not connected to the net but a simple log off with username still filled in and password blank would be sufficient. Don't you think that if DJI really wants you to connect every 90 days they would make it easy and not clear the user and just log them off? Even log them off with the password shown as ******** or something. They can force Wifi log in this way too as the first time the account is created, then logged in, the data goes to DJI so future logins are possible. I did not save this info because it was not important AND this 90 day bull crap was sneakily introduced in an update after my original update when I first set everything up back in March 2023. I don't do updates when things work based on many situations when updating software on mine and client computers I worked on caused problems. The RC Pro was given to me by a friend that dunked his drone in the Atlantic. Then he got himself the Mini 4 Pro which has a controller with better range than the RC Pro. So when I got the RC Pro from him I had a feeling that he may not have had done the updates when he first set it up as he is not at all computer savvy so when I bound the Pro to my drone I wanted to do that as I did not want to miss out on various improvements I seen on YouTube. I'm now rambling so I have a simple question for anyone who can answer and make sense at the same time. What is the reasoning to completely clear the username and password on the controller when not connected to Wifi? Oh and by the way someone mentioned that the drone is grounded when not logged in. This is incorrect. The drone can go 100 feet (30 meters) in any direction from take off location.

Last edited:
@sonicmixmaster
Questions.
Have you actually tapped the screen anywhere in the username box, to see whether for not there is a username stored somewhere but not displayed ?
I don't know if the smart controllers do that but it might be worth a try.

Have you actually attempted any of the suggestions that have been made in this thread ?

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum from the beautiful woods of Maine!
I hope you find an answer to your dilemma! Fly safe and stay safe!

Reactions: LoudThunder

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLEGEF