DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello I guess

moabdrone

Reactions
So I found a drone near Moab UT a few months back and have had no luck finding the owners, after posts here and on reddit. All I could determine is that the previous owner was visiting from Colombia. I'm about ready to give up on waiting to be contacted and "claim" the found drone as my own, and buy a controller for it. I've powered it up and pretty much just taken off and landed with my phone, but I really don't trust the wifi on my phone so I've been hesitant to do anything else with it.

I do like drones, but I have to admit I probably wouldn't currently make the cash investment into one. It just seems that the last year or two even the drone regulations have gotten even more restrictive here in the states. And a bunch of people acting without thinking of others, have made it a lot harder to fly anywhere neat. Just looking at regulations in my area I can't fly them in my neighborhood, at any county park, at any state park, anywhere near a school. Where the **** do I fly this thing? A corn field?

Anyway let's see how it goes.

Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy the forum.

Where can you fly? Check out AirMap (my go to app) or Kittyhawk for flight, I.e. LAANC clearance.

If you have decided to keep the drone get it registered for your use on the FAA website and affix the new number to the drone exterior.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piloter