DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello jello

dps254

Reactions
I've never seen footage this bad. I was using the Mavic this weekend and the video was atrocious...any ideas? The gimbal is mounted properly, I calibrated, and using latest firmware. Stills were ok, but the video is awful.

Thanks for any help.

The jello problem is due to a vibration of the drone that cannot be compensated by the gimbal. I had the same problem after a crash into my house when the drone hit a chair. I replaced the broken propellers and everything was fine as far as flight was concerned but the video had jello (not as strong as yours and not all the time). I realized than one of the propeller was not completely broken but had a small crack making it flipping sometimes and generating these vibrations. I replaced the propeller and everything went back to normal. A simple way to see if one of your propeller is the culprit is the coffe test that you will find on this video :

I hope this will help
Vincent

Thanks for the reply. As it happens I believe I have resolved the problem, and it was the gimbal.

Here is some back lot test footage after a minor adjustment. It's not at any great altitude or speed, but neither was the initial problem the other day so I'll test over the weekend but I'm hopeful it's resolved.

Thanks for the reply. As it happens I believe I have resolved the problem, and it was the gimbal.

Here is some back lot test footage after a minor adjustment. It's not at any great altitude or speed, but neither was the initial problem the other day so I'll test over the weekend but I'm hopeful it's resolved.

So what did you find? Looks great now

You video looks fine now. What did you do to correct it? Mine is doing the exact same thing as your was... see video

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair