DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello new here

Hoobness

Reactions
hi, I decided to make a post. I have not purchased a mavic, yet, as I am on the fence. I want to learn more before I take the plunge . Im more of an RC fan then a photographer I would be getting one for the fun of flying it around, not to take pics and vids. I'm especially attracted to fpv.

Thank you

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

hi, I decided to make a post. I have not purchased a mavic, yet, as I am on the fence. I want to learn more before I take the plunge . Im more of an RC fan then a photographer I would be getting one for the fun of flying it around, not to take pics and vids. I'm especially attracted to fpv.

Thank you
Howdy from Wyoming Hoobness, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

I take mine out for fun flights, not only as an flying camera. For FPV you may be better suited to a racing drone which are more exciting and faster than the Mavic.

True, but you can get some good deals. If you are looking at the DJI googles the price is even higher

I knew nothing nor cared nothing about photography. I bought the mavic just for the thrill of flying it. I have not been disappointed in the least. I have found myself getting more and more sucked into the videography aspect of things the longer I have it, and I still hate the editing process (time-consuming and I'm not a patient person), but I do enjoy going back and watching some of the stuff that I shoot and always trying to improve on it. Plus, the only thing that the wife likes about this expensive toy is that we now have amazing vacation videos.

I always record every flight from beginning to end, just in case anything interesting happens, so if I review it later I can see what differences the various camera settings make, and tweak them to make them better over time. I just use iMovie for editing : free, easy, and does a lot of cool things for an amateur like me.

I never have a burning desire to go outside and film something, per se, but I do have a constant craving to just fly around a few times every week since I've had it, weather permitting. Even if it's just taking off from my yard and flying it around the neighborhood - still fun! And I'm constantly on the lookout for what would make a cool shot from mavic, which can be difficult to find in the city. It's been 10 months and I still enjoy just flying it around the park or the neighborhood or the nearby lake just as much as the day I got it. I just added the DJI goggles a month ago to add to the whole experience - LOVE them.

As a geek, nerd, wanna-be-pilot, speed junkie, immature man who still likes playing with toys, I think I just get-off on the speed, power and accuracy and the preciseness of the controls, in awe of all the incredible technology working seamlessly together to make it happen, while communicating with 20 satellites, etc. I like to haul-*ss across the lake at low levels, dive-bomb pigeon flocks, do high-speed spins and spirals forwards and backwards as fluidly as possible and just marvel at the degree of control I have while watching it dance in the sky. (I fly in sport mode most of the time.)

And then I usually enjoy sitting on the couch afterwards watching some pretty cool 4K footage on the giant flat-screen that (almost) looks like it was taken by pro, while listening to "Highway To the Danger Zone" with my sunglasses on in my underwear and singing into a hairbrush..... oops... too far?

So "NO", you don't have to enjoy photography or cinematography to really enjoy the mavic, IMO.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose