DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help brand new and **** thing says check app. WTF???

I had a similar problem with the RC conection , just leaving the side lead plugged in stopped the USB at the bottom from working properly and to add to the confusion it dose work just not send data IE you can plug a power pack into the bottom usb to charge while using the side mini USB for phone . And I'd like to add that I've searched the manual and I can't find anywhere a very clear description of the side connector overriding the bottom one .

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app
It's not in the manual but one of the last few firmware updated changed it to not allow you to use both ports at the same time and that the side micro USB port has priority meaning if you are plugged into it, it will disable the lower USB port.

[quote uid=4084 name="Andart" post=67681]<br />I had a similar problem with the RC conection , just leaving the side lead plugged in stopped the USB at the bottom from working properly and to add to the confusion it dose work just not send data IE you can plug a power pack into the bottom usb to charge while using the side mini USB for phone . And I'd like to add that I've searched the manual and I can't find anywhere a very clear description of the side connector overriding the bottom one .<br /><br /><br />Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app[/QUOTE]<br />It's not in the manual but one of the last few firmware updated changed it to not allow you to use both ports at the same time and that the side micro USB port has priority meaning if you are plugged into it, it will disable the lower USB port.

Yes I totally understand but the original poster was staged of for not reading manual and in this case it's not in the manual . I was sticking up for him

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

Newbie to the forum here, but have 4 hours and 63 flights on P3S and 2 hours and 28 flights on MP.

Yesterday I had the same "Disconnected" error on my MP while demonstrating to a friend (always the way!). Turned everything off and restarted, same problem. Unplugged and replugged USB into my iPhone, no change. Unplugged and replugged micro USB into RC. Resolved!

I believe this happened because I switch between iPhone and iPad Mini (using lower USB and disconnecting micro USB). The micro USB appeared to be correctly seated as I had pushed against it but obviously it was not (it is a snug fit).

To echo Robee683, I had a similar situation, no friend to demo to however. Plugged everything in, turned everything on and boom: "no connection". Instead of having an adult sized tantrum and cursing. I simply reverse ordered everything. Turned off, unplugged and plugged in again. Only this time, I heard and felt the familiar buzz and chime that the RC and phone were actually talking to each other. Seconds later, I was rewarded with a picture and took off a few seconds after that. This isn't quite rocket science. These are first world problems and are not the end of the world as we know it.

The quad will not connect or take off unless it is registered with DJI via the app, once you register and restart everything it will start. Please read the manual (I guess you didn't read it as that is one of the first things). If you fly without a through understanding of the manual you will be back shortly asking why your Mavic either flew away or crashed, and blaming the Mavic.
Do everything as @F6Rider said and make sure that your tablet/phone is on airplane mode with Bluetooth on.

9 out of 10 is has been a faulty cable. Also, if I am not mistaken, don't Samsung phones use OTG cables rather than just micro-USB cables? I do not use SameSong products so I wouldn't know but in my Fly More package, I received 3 cables. One for iPhone, and two for something else. Maybe one of the something else cables is what will work.

I had very similar problems to the OP when I first connected my Samsung Tab A 7 to the RC when running Go4. I see the J3 has fairly similar specs to the Tab A, in my case the app popped up a window saying that the DJI Go app was needed for that device, and it was right.
Installing the 'old' Go app solved all of those issues, if nothing else I'd say that it's worth a try.

Reactions: deltalimatango
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman