DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help! Cannot update firmware on Mavic Mini

According to a popup after upgrading Assistant and firing up:
Start Assistant.
Power on MM
Connect to PC within 20 seconds.
Yep, been looking at that message all day long - every time I re-open assistant 2.

The error message is a little ambiguous, bit the server error in question would seem to be the DJI server to be used to supply the download. Check your ability to get on the internet and connect to DJI.

I keep on getting errors connecting to the DJI fly map (no fly zones etc) when on one of my home broadband connections. I swap to another and its fine or I swap to mobile data on the same network and it's fine. Some odd stuff going on.

During firmware update using a pc to mm connection (cabled) I did receive a warning from my antivirus software of a trojan during the firmware download; there may be some software that your pc perceives as a threat and the connection/port is being blocked. Also had a minor issue in remembering to fully charge the remote so it would accept its part of the firmware update. My experience was relatively smooth except for that issue.

Recommend you look at your firewall and AV software logs to see if the server address or download has been identified as a threat. Alternatively use a different device to do the update.

I had exact same problem when trying to update through the app and connecting it to PC for DJI Assistant using my home WiFi. In both ways I was getting same "retry network" error. I went outside and opened app with mobile internet and dron firmware updated normally. So I guess the problem was in my WiFi network.

Reactions: KimiTs
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7