DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help ? Extremely long charge time on my Mavic pro battery

lgood

Reactions
I have searched here and on Google but have not found this one. I have 2 batteries for my Mavic Pro (owned for 3 yrs.). Both work and charge but one battery will charge and get all 4 lights blinking as expected in about 1 hr., but that is where normal stops. This battery will then charge for an additional 4 hrs. +. I charged it this am and after it had all 4 lights blinking, I let it go for another hour then unplugged it. I checked battery condition and voltage in the app.
Battery Number 1 shows 4.26 - 4.25 - 4.24 12.8v. This is the one that charges for up to 4 hrs. before it will turn off.
Battery Number 2 shows 4.29 - 4.29 - 42.9 12.9v. This one charges normally and will shut off in about 1.5 hrs.
This has been going on for the last 3 times I have charged battery 1. Any ideas, battery going bad? Thanks in advance

Reactions: Gagey52
I have searched here and on Google but have not found this one. I have 2 batteries for my Mavic Pro (owned for 3 yrs.). Both work and charge but one battery will charge and get all 4 lights blinking as expected in about 1 hr., but that is where normal stops. This battery will then charge for an additional 4 hrs. +. I charged it this am and after it had all 4 lights blinking, I let it go for another hour then unplugged it. I checked battery condition and voltage in the app.
Battery Number 1 shows 4.26 - 4.25 - 4.24 12.8v. This is the one that charges for up to 4 hrs. before it will turn off.
Battery Number 2 shows 4.29 - 4.29 - 42.9 12.9v. This one charges normally and will shut off in about 1.5 hrs.
This has been going on for the last 3 times I have charged battery 1. Any ideas, battery going bad? Thanks in advance
Never had that happen.
How low have you discharged the battery? Maybe a “low” discharge might be needed to reset the smart battery logic. Just a shot in the dark.

I have a Mavic Pro but have not seen this in any of my batteries. My guess is that the charger is looking for a certain final voltage and it can not quite get there. Have you tried removing the battery after a “normal” charge time and checking the voltage? That last bit of charge will only give you a very short increase in flight time. More importantly, compare each cell and make sure they are fairly close in voltage.

I have a Mavic Pro but have not seen this in any of my batteries. My guess is that the charger is looking for a certain final voltage and it can not quite get there. Have you tried removing the battery after a “normal” charge time and checking the voltage? That last bit of charge will only give you a very short increase in flight time. More importantly, compare each cell and make sure they are fairly close in voltage.
I needed that advice myself thanks

Late reply here. I have removed the battery after a normal charge time and the readings were what I put in my initial post. ( 4.26 - 4.25 - 4.24 12.8v.) My flight time has not really been affected by this. 25-30 minutes. Last discharge was my last flight, controller said 25% time to come home which I did with RTH to check my landing again, which off topic, is fanatastic, dead center each time I use it. It actually went from 25% to 1% on my return (about 800 ft out.) So the battery was pretty much drained. Charged as I described, 1 hr. all lights blinking, 1.5 hours later still blinking. Unhooked and checked voltage and got the same readings. 4.26 - 4.25 - 4.24 12.8v.
I'm thinking something in the battery logic or something. Thanks for the replies

Reactions: Gagey52
I'm new here, but I do know a bit about Lipos. I'd say your battery is going bad.

I haven't received my drone and charger yet, but I'd guess that yours is having trouble balancing or "topping off" that one to its spec, especially since the other is working.

I'd try running it down to the lowest safe level, and then if there's a full balance charge option, do that several times.

But at the end of the day, when Lipos start getting funny it's usually time to get a new one before they fail. Just my experience.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007