DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help, Help, Help

JoeDawson2112

Reactions
Ive just purchased my mini and i just cant get it to pair. When i use the app it cant find the mini and when i do it manually the controller beeps but wont connect. I hold the button on the bottom for a few seconds but it just turns off. Im probably being stupid but havent a clue what to do now :-(.......assume its faulty

Got any video of this? What's the exact process you are taking to connect it?

Plug controller into phone via included cable
Open DJI Fly app on phone
Turn on drone (press bottom button twice and hold it in the second time until it beeps)
Turn on controller (press power button twice and hold it in the second time until it beeps)
Wait about a minute for connection to establish
Hit 'Go Fly' on your phone, you should see camera view from drone.

If this process doesn't work there may be an issue.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Ive just purchased my mini and i just cant get it to pair. When i use the app it cant find the mini and when i do it manually the controller beeps but wont connect. I hold the button on the bottom for a few seconds but it just turns off. Im probably being stupid but havent a clue what to do now :-(.......assume its faulty
Did you ensure the cable is fully seated in your phone? A couple times I thought it was inserted all the way, but turns out it wasn’t quite all the way in.

Life saver thank you. It’s all in the speed of the press I think. I did the second push quickly and it seemed to work . Thank you . Now need to practice .....high high ? Far away can they they go?

Range really depends on the area your in, some places I manage about a km and some places i start to struggle at 300m. As it is an enhanced WiFi drone (rather than Occusync) it is particularly sensitive to WiFi interference.

Now need to practice .....high high ? Far away can they they go?
Welcome to the forum. For you and your new baby drone's sake, please keep it low, slow and nearby until you feel more comfortable. Even on the very first flight, the Mini will fly higher and further than you'll be comfortable flying, and has a chance of getting lost or blown away until you've practiced using a combination of the control sticks, the little corner map and the video feed to manually fly it back to you.

Especially with our beloved Minis, these words don't belong in the same paragraph: "practice" - "high" - "far away" :)

welcome to the forum,have you downloaded the full manual from the DJI web site yet , and familiarise yourself with the caa dronesafe rules as well

Reactions: pelagic_one
Not sure about the mini, but you might see if there is a beginner mode like on the Mavic Pro - it will limit the distance and height for your first few flights... and don't fly if it is windy, wait for calm conditions :)

Reactions: pelagic_one
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twin01