DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HELP!!! Is there an alternative way to charge the Controller ?

Put the Mavic in wifi mode and fly with your phone that's your only quick option..

It’s actually a pretty harmless temporary fix. As long as the wires stay put while charging it’s a good temporary emergency repair.

It’s actually a pretty harmless temporary fix. As long as the wires stay put while charging it’s a good temporary emergency repair.
What? He's connecting USB 5V straight to the lipo cell without a charger or any kind of regulation inbetween!

The regulation is in the charger he is using I am sure. But he could have hooked it to a higher voltage non usb type power supply I suppose. But he seemed a little smarter than that. He just used a usb cable so It would only plug into a usb charger.

H-E-L-P !!!
My 'charging input' on my 'Mavic Pro Controller' has been damaged !
(I somehow plugged the cable in upside-down and damaged the small connector inside the female socket on the controller) :-(
-As a temporary measure (because I am on holiday in a beautiful setting) are there any other ways of charging my controller other than using that input?

[I believe that the other USB connector at the bottom of the controller won't charge the device right?]
This is a very easy fix if you order the part. Tons of videos on how to do it. I did it on mine and now I buy these micro usb cables to charge the MP controller. You can put it in upside down. Very neat design. https://amzn.to/2OMM3ab

The regulation is in the charger he is using I am sure. But he could have hooked it to a higher voltage non usb type power supply I suppose. But he seemed a little smarter than that. He just used a usb cable so It would only plug into a usb charger.
From the sounds of it he effectively connected the battery itself to the 5v leads of a USB cable. That would be dangerous. A USB charger is only providing voltage. Lipos are 3.8v charged and have a very specific 2 stage method of being charged.
One might get away with it temporarily at a lower voltage, say 3.5v and a current limiting resistor.
What would possibly work, and perhaps it is what he meant to convey, was find the charge leads normally going to the broken USB port.

What would possibly work, and perhaps it is what he meant to convey, was find the charge leads normally going to the broken USB port.

that was what I was thinking he did, if not, probably died in the fire! :D

Thanks for that 'reefranger'.
Mine was terrified within 5-days here in South Africa.
(We usually battle to get spares here).
I'm now EXTREMELY cautious when using the plug - thanks for the 'mod-video clip' it's going to help MANY owners.

Its a poor design, let's hope dji moves over to the newer type of plug (even better, offer the replacement part with the new type of plug)!

I bought a cord that has a magnet on one end and I leave the other piece in my rc all the time.

I bought a cord that has a magnet on one end and I leave the other piece in my rc all the time.

Yea Jeremy proposed that on his channel. That's fine as long as you aren't using your phone as a monitor as designed. I still think a quick dot of nail polish, paint or tape would solve this.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beluga