DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HELP - Issues with DJI Go 4 Android app on PlayStore

MEFfly

Reactions
I recently got a new cell phone, and planned to use my old phone (Moto X) as my main Mavic Pro controller. The old phone was running Android 5 and worked fine as my controller with the DJI Go 4 app for two years now.

After transferring my cell service from the old phone to the new phone, I did a factory reset of the old phone to wipe everything that had accumulated over five years. That deleted my existing copy of the DJI Go 4 app along with all non-stock apps. I also allowed any pending system updates to go through.

However, when I went to the Google Play Store and navigated to the DJI Go 4 app, it said that my old phone was not compatible with the app. The app requirement notes lists that any phone with Android 5 or later are compatible, so I am not sure why it came up as incompatible.

Here's my questions:

1) Has anyone else had this issue? Any workarounds though the app store? Should I find a way to being old phone up to Android 6 or newer and try again?

2) I did find the DJI Go 4 app APK file on the DJI website with a web search. Is it safe to do a direct install of the APK outside of the Play Store?

3) On a slightly tangental note... the old phone obviously will not have cell service any longer. Is it even going to work as a controller? I can link it via wifi to my new phone's hotspot if needed. Will that allow the old phone to work as a controller?

Thanks in advance for any insight or assistance.

-Mark

It should be fine to load the .apk on the old phone.
You only need wi-fi connections for database updates and real-time mapping so hot spotting to your new phone will work

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom