DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help! It doesn't want to connect to the RC.

ClydeB

Reactions
Pong District, Banglamung, Chonburi, Thailand
I haven't flown my Mavic for some time so today I thought I would have a little time with it. I started with a 50% battery on the drone and only flew it with in my property lines. I am in Thailand by the way. I didn't fly it long, I only took a few stills and some video. I recently purchased a new SD card ready to down load the video faster. I landed it and still had 25% battery. I took the time to get set up to down load and got the down load started. I noticed that after last nights storm my pool needed some attention. I cleaned it, only took 15 minutes. I went and got a fresh battery for the drone and put in a new 32 gb SD card, ready for more video.

But now it won't connect to the RC. When I press the button for the battery it cycles thru, red, yellow, green and then I get maybe 4 - 5 flashes of green light and then yellow only. I have been getting different messages. On said to adjust the antennas to prevent signal blockage, yet they were in the exact same locations as the previous flight. Another message was that "you are receiving a strong interference signal." I have experienced this message in the past, but it only lasted for a few minutes and never even stopped flying. Now we recently upgraded out Internet Service Provider and the WiFi router. So I thought move away from the house a little more. But it did no good. It has been more than two hours now and still no joy.

Note: This drone is about 10 months old. About 10 years ago Boeing, built a Aircraft Service Center about 70 Km from my house, my house is apparently in a direct path between the BKK airport and the Service Center. I came back to my home in May from a trip of about two months. When I turn on my drone I was told that I needed to update my firmware and when the update was complete it told me that I was in a no fly zone but could fly no higher than 30 M. I set that as a ceiling and haven't been above it, but have only had the chance to fly two or three times.

Any experiences, help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I went and got a fresh battery for the drone and put in a new 32 gb SD card, ready for more video.
What happens when you put the old memory card back in?

After some coffee and breakfast, this morning, it was time to try to switch out the SD card. When I opened the hatch to remove it I realized that during my struggle to remove the SD card yesterday I had switched it from RC to Wifi. I switched back to RC and it flies fine now.

Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent