DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help, I've been off the grid for several months.

Texbow

Reactions
Can someone give the short version of what has happened in the past few months concerning how I go about providing inspection services with my drone? I'm reading the FRP for remote ID and I assume this is just a matter of time. I also assume my Mavic Pro will be capable of providing realtime ID when required. I haven't fired up my drone for several months due to working on a international project. I'm a little lost.

Can someone give the short version of what has happened in the past few months concerning how I go about providing inspection services with my drone? I'm reading the FRP for remote ID and I assume this is just a matter of time.

Even if this law is passed as-is, you will still have until 2024 before you must comply.

I also assume my Mavic Pro will be capable of providing realtime ID when required.

It's a big assumption. Right now signs point that older drones will be bricked.

It's a big assumption. Right now signs point that older drones will be bricked.

Not bricked just relegated to flying at fixed sites and within a yet to be mandated flying distance. To many that's as good as bricked though lol.

Not bricked just relegated to flying at fixed sites and within a yet to be mandated flying distance. To many that's as good as bricked though lol.

Yeah thats bricked to me lol. I don't fly my drone to race it around at an AMA field, the reason I bought one with a Hasselblad camera was to take great photographs

Don't worry, nothing will change no matter how many non-enforcable rules are passed. Until there is practical drone radar, its a big mess and all people care about is not being spied on or inconvenienced.

Can someone give the short version of what has happened in the past few months concerning how I go about providing inspection services with my drone? I'm reading the FRP for remote ID and I assume this is just a matter of time. I also assume my Mavic Pro will be capable of providing realtime ID when required. I haven't fired up my drone for several months due to working on a international project. I'm a little lost.
You do not say what country you are talking about so don’t see how people can answer you.
For instance your UAV will not be suitable for use after EASA transitional period comes to an end starting July 1st since it is non compliant and cannot be certified retroactively

You do not say what country you are talking about so don’t see how people can answer you.
For instance your UAV will not be suitable for use after EASA transitional period comes to an end starting July 1st since it is non compliant and cannot be certified retroactively
My bad. I'm in the US but have provided UAV services outside the US also. My consulting business is not singularly focused on providing UAV services but more of a tool in certain situations hence I can find myself busy with non-drone business and fall a bit out of touch with the latest regulatory emergency.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
activmonk