DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HELP! Latest version of Go 4 app keeps switching off during flight.

mavic6611

Reactions
Any help would be appreciated as this is starting to really get annoying.
All was fine until the latest go 4 update.

I would start by reinstalling the DJI Go app on your device. Also, if it's an Android OS maybe try it using an IOS.

Reactions: mavic6611
I haven't uninstalled and reinstalled yet. Ill try this first thanks. Not to sure about spending more money on ios though. Fingers crossed the reinstall helps.

I haven't uninstalled and reinstalled yet. Ill try this first thanks. Not to sure about spending more money on ios though. Fingers crossed the reinstall helps.
And "kill" some of the apps running in the background

Yes I'll try that too. I've just uninstalled so I'll re install and see how it goes

By "switch off" you mean Go 4 totally closes or just is no longer running in the "foreground" and is minimized? (I have that same issue, attempted screen saver settings nothing seems to stop it unless I keep pressing something on the screen to keep the Go 4 app "in- use".)

I wish they would make a setting "On for session", so Go 4 is always running the screen till we shut the app off. . . .
(Sorry if this is not your issue, good luck either way!!)

By "switch off" you mean Go 4 totally closes or just is no longer running in the "foreground" and is minimized? (I have that same issue, attempted screen saver settings nothing seems to stop it unless I keep pressing something on the screen to keep the Go 4 app "in- use".)

I wish they would make a setting "On for session", so Go 4 is always running the screen till we shut the app off. . . .
(Sorry if this is not your issue, good luck either way!!)
Basically it jumps out of the app and sends my phone back to the main home screen. I then have to go back to the dji app and completely re enter it. All whilst feeling slightly panicked with my £1000 aircraft hovering hundreds of feet up. NOT GOOD.

Reactions: lostinspace
Also.. I lose any cached recordings. I assume yours does the same?

Reactions: SweeT
Correct, flight log starts over even though the Mavic was in the air the whole time. . . .

Only thing to get around it so far is tap the screen to keep it active. Give that a try to further point to the same issue?

Someone must have a "fix"? (Or do I just not use the app enough compared to others?)

I'll definitely try the screen tap and let you know how I get on. I've uninstalled the app and reinstalled it again. I've also deleted all files and cache relationship the app. I'm out for a fly tomorrow so I'll let you know how I get on

Ha! Life can be interesting. . .The screen tap thing "seemed" to be a "fix" for me till I typed it here. Flew this AM to catch the sunrise, several flights no issues but all were "short".

Then out of nowhere the app closed again. I landed and said "the heck with it". (Had enough of the "Minnesota state bird" taking blood out of me anyway:)) Just moment before the app closed I had switched from video to camera so the app was just "actively used" on the screen. . . .I think we need something that states, I want this APP open in the foreground active and only this app, no phone calls or other "changes" from other apps. . . . .(who can write that?)

Would be interesting still if you the think the screen tap "helps"?

I'm also flying connected to the bottom full sized USB port as the cable that connects on the side of the RC seems bad. (Side cable is fully disconnected and removed so my issue is not that)

Wonder if "airplane mode" on the phone would help?

Dji Go 4 crashes all the time. It Crashed today twice in one flight. I'll fixed the problem by using Litchi

Well a little update for you.. Today I took the Mavic for a fly, I was using the phone I have always used from day one which of the Sony Xperia Z3+.
I did the screen tap and all was good right up until the last minute of the flight and it switched off.
Ill also add the before the flight I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it again. I cleared all the file data and Cache from the previous app.
I've contacted Dji on the chat, and there response was.. "unfortunately you're not using one of our recommended compatible devices" then they sent me a list of devices which were IPhone and galaxy S8 etc. I'm not buying another device because the multi million £ company can't get there God **** app right for us consumers!!

Is this happening on all phones, I have a Galaxy note 2 that I dont use as a phone any more and am thinking of using it as the main flight control, from what I'm reading in theory if I delete all of the apps on it I shouldn't have any probems.

I don't know anything about apps but dealing with other products that use connections to "smartphone apps", the Mavic is not the only thing out there that has "app issues".

Seems the whole dream of a device that can run everything is just that. . . . . .

If you're using the DJI cable that came with the mavic scrap it! Also, using the USB connection on the underside of the controller is a much more reliable connection. Find a different cable that's long enough to go from your phone to the USB port and it needs to have a right angle where it plugs into the phone.
It's a well know issue that DJI and Android don't play nice together and the above suggestion might not completely fix your problem BUT it will definitely help.
Putting the phone in airplane mode will help too.

Hey thanks! Not sure about Mavic 6611 but I have already done these steps, will add the airplane mode. (Was sort of joking but perhaps it will keeps some of the apps from changing the state of the phone)

Also have access to an S7 vs the Moto Z mod I have been using. (But really, "android" should be "android" and not matter which phone it is on. . .If everything is working like it "should")

Hey thanks! Not sure about Mavic 6611 but I have already done these steps, will add the airplane mode. (Was sort of joking but perhaps it will keeps some of the apps from changing the state of the phone)

Also have access to an S7 vs the Moto Z mod I have been using. (But really, "android" should be "android" and not matter which phone it is on. . .If everything is working like it "should")
I always fly in airplane mode, but I'm not sure it helps with the app shutting off. It seems to help with signal issues but that's about all really. I had another flight again this afternoon and nothing happened, the app was flawless and I was in the air for 17 minutes. It's really bizarre how it's so intermittent. I haven't tried changing the cable from the transmitter to the phone yet. Have you done this? Did it work for you?

Reactions: Rogat19
I have the moto z force and used it some but mostly I used my iPad. With the supplied USB typeC from dji the app would almost always just close and go to the home screen. When I switched to the USB on the tx and a different cord the app crashes were much less frequent without a doubt.
I agree that android should just work but my conspiracy theory is that dji and apple are in cahoots!

I have the moto z force and used it some but mostly I used my iPad. With the supplied USB typeC from dji the app would almost always just close and go to the home screen. When I switched to the USB on the tx and a different cord the app crashes were much less frequent without a doubt.
I agree that android should just work but my conspiracy theory is that dji and apple are in cahoots!
So do you recommend plugging in from the bottom of the transmitter?

Reactions: Rogat19
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661