DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HELP! Latest version of Go 4 app keeps switching off during flight.

Any help would be appreciated as this is starting to really get annoying.
All was fine until the latest go 4 update.
I have mentioned this in other posts, but on Android, make sure that the "power saving monitor"under Settings->Battery, make sure that GO4 is not being monitored, don't allow Android from inactivating it to save power.

That's great thanks. I have just changed the setting. Hopefully this will do the trick. Is this guaranteed to cure the problem?

I have mentioned this in other posts, but on Android, make sure that the "power saving monitor"under Settings->Battery, make sure that GO4 is not being monitored, don't allow Android from inactivating it to save power.
That's great thanks. I have just changed the setting. Hopefully this will do the trick. Is this guaranteed to cure the problem?

Mavic 6611 did you have any luck with the above? (My phone power save was already set to off)

Even stopped in at my cell phone provider store and had them check settings they could think of, nothing new. Seems to just be app crash. . .

DJI Go 4 closed again yesterday and I only used 2 batteries down to around 50%. (Not that battery level has anything to do with it, just to give you some idea of how often the app crashes) Other than the log gets messed up, and you have no "video feed" at least nothing has happened to the Mavic yet. . .

Mavic 6611 did you have any luck with the above? (My phone power save was already set to off)

Even stopped in at my cell phone provider store and had them check settings they could think of, nothing new. Seems to just be app crash. . .

DJI Go 4 closed again yesterday and I only used 2 batteries down to around 50%. (Not that battery level has anything to do with it, just to give you some idea of how often the app crashes) Other than the log gets messed up, and you have no "video feed" at least nothing has happened to the Mavic yet. . .
I had a 17 minute flight a couple of days ago and it was flawless throughout. I've altered the settings. I'm not convinced it's cured it though until I've done another few flights.
I'll be flying tomorrow so I'll check in with you and let you know [emoji2]

i have same issue, i run android 7.1.2 and untill last update go 4 didnt even start, after the last update it runs but crashes after some time on each flight

This is getting to be a real bummer, yesterday I lost sight of the small dark "speck" in some dark trees that were the backdrop of the Mavic. I slowed the flight and gained some altitude looking towards the area I lost sight in hopes that the I could detect it against the light color skyline. That did not work. . .I then looked down to find the APP crashed and at first I had "feared" that the Mavic had already crashed!

Thanks to reading advice on here I just stayed calm and did nothing while restarted the APP. (Meaning I did not attempt to move the Mavic, I did look at the RC display and it was telling me everything was "ok" so I knew the Mavic did not "crash")

Once the APP restarted correctly everything was fine, after I could see video again I found my eyes overshot where the Mavic was and then I could see my "dark spec" in the skyline again. (Side note, I have a florescent yellow wrap on the way, hope that helps keep the Mavic in sight!! ;))

I know my Motorola phone is not on the "recommended" list but the type device should not matter. . .I'm really starting to think I should have purchased a drone with a remote that has video build in. . . .(DJI please get us a better APP and expand its use across more "recommended" devices)

I have been using the same phone with my mavic since March. In March I was in Ireland and used it everyday multiple times a day for over a week and not one problem. Since then the phone had updates mavic had firmware updates dji go had updates. So one of these is the problem. Happened mainly when dji did the update that would limit your height and distance if you didn't upgrade. Since then is a total mess. Dropped signal nonstop and lack of video. Also if dji was on the phone the newer installed litchi would not work right. If you uninstall litchi dji still don't work. Uninstall dji and litchi works flawless. Also am using a Samsung s7.

I always plug into the bottom of the transmitter I have actually never used the side plug and I also use Aeroplane mode on my iPad mini 4, have never(touch wood) had it close or minimise on me! famous last words lol
Do you use any kind of specific USB cable? Or just a standard cable

Reactions: Rogat19

Hey mate,

Just checking in with you to let you know that I've just come back from an absolutely flawless flight with not one app crash since altering the settings [emoji2]

Have you tried flying with the phone set to Airplane mode? Some apps refresh in the background or send you notifications that might be interrupting. I'm using iPhone 7 though and only time it shuts off is when a call comes through. Not sure about android though.

Reactions: mavic6611
I'm flying in airplane mode now and with a few extra adjustments I made its much better now

The Android app crash is all over the forums. Here a fix , there a fix...
Some work for awhile but basically at this point for my uses it is not airworthy. I have to use the drone for work so I ordered an ipad mini 4 32gb with unlocked cellular. The Crystal Sky will be cool but the ultra bright 2000 nit unit is $850 and vapor ware and could very well have issues on launch. IMHO the ipad mini seems to work and for the most part Android (Samsung Galaxy 8, approved device) does not. My unit closes and returns to home screen once every other battery...scary and unprofessional and we should not have to jump through hoops.
But you have to admit that for about $1500 it is amazing. They should have bundled a dedicated controller and we would all be happy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk