DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help Lost Drone

Ray Singcar

Reactions
Hi
Lost my Drone over water. The last recoded point is in contradiction to the cache video which at the end looks like it may have contacted with a pontoon.
I have attached Flight Log and video. I will be happy to go swimming or get a diver if I knew where to look. Thanks in advance to anyone that can assist.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-12-26_[07-11-26].txt
    1.6 MB · Views: 27
Hi
Lost my Drone over water. The last recoded point is in contradiction to the cache video which at the end looks like it may have contacted with a pontoon.
I have attached Flight Log and video. I will be happy to go swimming or get a diver if I knew where to look. Thanks in advance to anyone that can assist.
Here's your last recorded point:
i-CS9MCCP-XL.jpg

The GPS coordinates are: -34.058748 151.147474
The the last recorded point has your drone zipping along at 13 metres/sec and 8 metres higher than your launch point.
In the last 0.4 secs, the speed has dropped from 13.6 to 8.7 m/s and the pitch has changed from -18 degrees to +53 degrees, immediately after the obstacle avoidance was braking in response to detecting an obstacle.
There's no record of it falling into the water. Perhaps the collision dislodged the battery?
At that height and looking at the Google Earth view, perhaps you collided with a rigging wire on a yacht mast?
If the Mavic has been in sea water for a week, the only things salvageable will be the SD card and props.
The rest is way past recovery.
If you dive, the yachts are on swing moorings and move with the wind and currents.
Their positions as shown on Google Earth are not fixed.
Don't depend on their GE positions to pinpoint the location.

Last edited:
Here's your last recorded point:
i-CS9MCCP-XL.jpg

The GPS coordinates are: -34.058748 151.147474
The the last recorded point has your drone zipping along at 13 metres/sec and 8 metres higher than your launch point.
In the last 0.4 secs, the speed has dropped from 13.6 to 8.7 m/s and the pitch has changed from -18 degrees to +53 degrees, immediately after the obstacle avoidance was braking in response to detecting an obstacle.
There's no record of it falling into the water. Perhaps the collision dislodged the battery?
At that height and looking at the Google Earth view, perhaps you collided with a rigging wire on a yacht mast?
If the Mavic has been in sea water for a week, the only things salvageable will be the SD card and props.
The rest is way past recovery.
If you dive, the yachts are on swing moorings and move with the wind and currents.
Their positions as shown on Google Earth are not fixed.
Don't depend on their GE positions to pinpoint the location.

Thanks for taking the time, The Utube link should work now as I had it listed as private
Ray

Thanks for taking the time, The Utube link should work now as I had it listed as private
The cached video comes from much earlier in the flight.
It does not show a collision.
In the video you were messing around with the camera and made it point straight down and then brought it up again.
Slow the replay and you see the camera come up at the end.
Here's where it was shot:
i-pWQNgxL-XL.jpg

The splashdown location is 60 metres from the corner of Gunnamatta Bay swimming baths.
If you dived and found it, it's going to be a paperweight with the internal electronics corroded beyond recovery.
The battery is likely to be several metres away from the drone.

FOUND....i hired a diver this morning. He dropped anchor right on GPS Co-ordinates and tied 3m rope to anchor and swept around the seabed. 12 metres deep and very murky..after 25 minutes he surfaced with Drone in hand. $200.00 well spent. No physical damage except bottom cover missing..circuit board was hanging off. The battery was intact.
I would like to thank everyone who assisted and especially META4..you are a legend.
Will now contact DJI and try to recover with my Care Refresh.

I would like to thank everyone who assisted and especially META4.
Thanks .. I remember spending time long ago, as a kid at those swimming baths, just 60 metres away from where it ended up.
I never imagined drones would be splashing down there back then.

Reactions: ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada