DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help! Mavic air dropped into Lake

Mavicpilot77

Reactions
I was flying mavic air into lake and everything was going perfect.GPS/ Battries and there is no warning sign. Suddenly video did not transmitted in my phone and disconnected from mavic air which never came back.. As i open case with DJI, they said its pilots fault as i decend aircraft at 2.8m/s into the lake where as i never descend the aircraft. I was just using forward throttle as i thought my be its getting remotes signal even though it is disconnected from my phone.

I was flying mavic air into lake and everything was going perfect.GPS/ Battries and there is no warning sign. Suddenly video did not transmitted in my phone and disconnected from mavic air which never came back.. As i open case with DJI, they said its pilots fault as i decend aircraft at 2.8m/s into the lake where as i never descend the aircraft. I was just using forward throttle as i thought my be its getting remotes signal even though it is disconnected from my phone.

You were applying full forward elevator, but you were also apply full down throttle. DJI is correct - you flew it into the lake:

Graph0.png

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
I am flying Dji drones from last three years.. and i am very sure i never use the down throttle.. after visual cutdown from my phone i did use forward throttle for a minute or so.. but did not touch up and down throttle. Is remote malfunction possible?

this is where the left stick starts to move
Screenshot_20181229_215512.png
then it's just full down 'till it's 2m in the drink
Screenshot_20181229_215539.png

What malfunction do you want to believe? visibility!!
index.png
I see nothing to suggest anything other than what is shown from the log view

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
I am flying Dji drones from last three years.. and i am very sure i never use the down throttle.. after visual cutdown from my phone i did use forward throttle for a minute or so.. but did not touch up and down throttle. Is remote malfunction possible?

It's always possible, but very unlikely that it would randomly go bad in the middle of a flight. If you look at the sticks over the entire flight, the throttle appeared to be behaving normally, and the pattern of use at the end looks similar to earlier in the flight.

Graph0_1.png

I could see an out of calibration stick slightly descending.... but not like it shows i the graph. BTW, did you get the DJI insurance? If you can get it out of the lake you can get it replaced for a minimal amount.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rapidppoint