DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

[HELP] Mavic Pro Firmware

monxster

Reactions
Hey guys

Got a brand new Mavic Pro Fly More Combo from B&H recently and my maiden flight was today.

I have read on various parts of this forum that it is better not to upgrade firmwares if at all possible so I didn't accept the prompt I received requesting to upgrade. I got this message after declining the prompt:

Inconsistent Firmware Found
Firmware Incompatibility Between Some Modules and current device detected. Do you wish to continue?

I cleared this and flew in beginner mode no issues.

Presently my firmware status is this:

Android App 4.3.14
Aircraft 01.03.1000
Remote controller 01.03.1000
Precise flight safe database (aircraft) 01.00.01.05
Precise flight safe database (app) 01.00.01.12
Basic flight safe database 01.00.01.09

Is this OK to leave as is or do I need to update or use another version of the go app or anything?

Also does not updating affect DJI Care?

Sorry for the newb questions and thanks for any and all help.

Hey guys

Got a brand new Mavic Pro Fly More Combo from B&H recently and my maiden flight was today.

I have read on various parts of this forum that it is better not to upgrade firmwares if at all possible so I didn't accept the prompt I received requesting to upgrade. I got this message after declining the prompt:

Firmware Incompatibility Between Some Modules and current device detected. Do you wish to continue?

Android App 4.3.14
Aircraft 01.03.1000

Is this OK to leave as is or do I need to update or use another version of the go app or anything?

I bought my Mavic Pro a bit less than a year ago and have always applied the latest firmware versions as soon as they are published - never has a problem as a result. Sometimes though a bug is inadvertently introduced as part of an update - in those rare cases you're better off waiting until the bug is ironed out before updating your firmware.

The trick is to keep an eye out on this and also the DJI forum in an effort to stay informed about the occasional issues that crop up from time to time.

Cheers mate. My concern is more that I read somewhere that old versions of firmware have less flight limits and flight zone restrictions. If that is true then I will stay like I am but before doing so I want to know if flying in my current firmware config is safe and what is the optimum firmware config

I bought my Mavic Pro a bit less than a year ago and have always applied the latest firmware versions as soon as they are published - never has a problem as a result. Sometimes though a bug is inadvertently introduced as part of an update - in those rare cases you're better off waiting until the bug is ironed out before updating your firmware.

The trick is to keep an eye out on this and also the DJI forum in an effort to stay informed about the occasional issues that crop up from time to time.

Cheers mate. My concern is more that I read somewhere that old versions of firmware have less flight limits and flight zone restrictions. If that is true then I will stay like I am but before doing so I want to know if flying in my current firmware config is safe and what is the optimum firmware config

With respect, I believe that you are looking at this the wrong way. It's actually your responsibility to make sure that you are always adhering to the latest (current) Flight Zone restrictions and other limits as published by the FAA. You would not be able to use having outdated firmware as an excuse if prosecuted for breaching FAA regulations.

Hey guys

Android App 4.3.14
Aircraft 01.03.1000

It depends on what you want to do. If you would like to modify the firmware so you can tweak your parameters and disable no fly zones or remove the height limit then don’t upgrade via the normal process. It will make it a bit harder down the road, but not impossible as most of us that decided to change those things ended up having to go through the whole process.

As a beginner I’d say just go ahead and upgrade. If this was like your 3rd DJI drone and you knew you wanted to modify the software then I’d say hold off but that doesn’t sound like the case

With respect, I believe that you are looking at this the wrong way. It's actually your responsibility to make sure that you are always adhering to the latest (current) Flight Zone restrictions and other limits as published by the FAA. You would not be able to use having outdated firmware as an excuse if prosecuted for breaching FAA regulations.

He doesn’t need to update his firmware to find out about the latest regulations. Those geozones are in the app not the firmware

Reactions: deleted member 877
Thanks mate. I am aware that I need to adhere to flight regs and am clued up on what they are. My question arose because I took it that some older firmwares had better overall stability and the last ones only added features for newer drones.

Reactions: deleted member 877
It depends on what you want to do. If you would like to modify the firmware so you can tweak your parameters and disable no fly zones or remove the height limit then don’t upgrade via the normal process. It will make it a bit harder down the road, but not impossible as most of us that decided to change those things ended up having to go through the whole process.

As a beginner I’d say just go ahead and upgrade. If this was like your 3rd DJI drone and you knew you wanted to modify the software then I’d say hold off but that doesn’t sound like the case
Cheers for the advice mate. I guess I am used to always rooting my phones and modding them because of rubbish software that I figured the drone space was similar but I'll upgrade as recommended.

One question, I am on an island with little to no signal so unlikely that I can upgrade before getting back home to a stable connection. Is it safe to fly as I am?

I'd love to use the drone here as it is the perfect film location but don't want to risk a fly away if there are different firmwares

Cheers for the advice mate. I guess I am used to always rooting my phones and modding them because of rubbish software that I figured the drone space was similar but I'll upgrade as recommended.

One question, I am on an island with little to no signal so unlikely that I can upgrade before getting back home to a stable connection. Is it safe to fly as I am?

I'd love to use the drone here as it is the perfect film location but don't want to risk a fly away if there are different firmwares

Be really careful of flying too close to water on that firmware. They had an issue where the Mavic either didn’t see the water and wouldn’t automatically stop from going in or it would see it and think it was solid ground and try to land on it

If I keep to 35 feet or more is that ok? Also other than that I'll be good? No major issue with the firmware and fly databases causing some crazy error.

If I keep to 35 feet or more is that ok? Also other than that I'll be good? No major issue with the firmware and fly databases causing some crazy error.

You know what I just checked the release notes to make sure I wasn’t missing anything and realized your firmware is a newer firmware than I originally thought. It doesn’t have that water issue I said earlier. Water is still something to be aware of though.

You are really only a few firmwares behind and most of the newer firmware updates had to do with the DJI goggles and the MPP. There are a few features like quick shots and pano mode you’ll gain by upgrading but you are already past the firmwares that have fewer limits and the flight controller doesn’t change much at all.

Here is the firmware reslease notes

Reactions: monxster
I had that same issue with my new Mavic 2 Zoom and smart controller. It appeared after I updated the drone and controller when I first received them. I hit install later and flew quite awhile and far before deciding to hit the install which was under the message. I was concerned that it would screw up the drone and controller since it said inconsistent and I was already flying awhile before it first appeared. I wanted to fly the drone a bit before I did that and if it screwed things up more, send it in to DJI. Never gave me any issues and once I installed it, it never came back. I think it was a bad or partial upgrade that did it. I laways check to make sure I'm on latest firmware and according to the app, I was even though that message started to pop up. The only way to re-upgrade was the option under the message. App always stated latest firmware. Didn't try the computer though. Not sure if it's compatible with M2Z although you would think it was. Just my 2 cents.

I would recommend keeping your firmware up to date. As a 107 pilot I believe you have to but someone correct me if I am mis interpreting the regs.

I would recommend keeping your firmware up to date. As a 107 pilot I believe you have to but someone correct me if I am mis interpreting the regs.
According to my controller and the DJI app, I was up to date. That message randomly appeared. Because I was up to date according to the controller and app, I was reluctant to hit the update button under the message in fear of bricking something. Finally I decided to take the chance and did it. It did it's thing and the firmware version on the controller and drone didn't change but the message no longer appears. Update glitch with smart controller maybe??

According to my controller and the DJI app, I was up to date. That message randomly appeared. Because I was up to date according to the controller and app, I was reluctant to hit the update button under the message in fear of bricking something. Finally I decided to take the chance and did it. It did it's thing and the firmware version on the controller and drone didn't change but the message no longer appears. Update glitch with smart controller maybe??
I’ve had the same occurrence with my M2P. No problems created. However, as others mention above, I subscribe to not being the first to use an update/new version for any device. Let others do the final beta testing and follow blogs for results before installing.

Last edited:

Are you flying MP1 or MP2?

Mine showed an update the other day but after allowing it to update it was still on the same version. The update appears to be targeted at the MP2.

I was on version 01.04.0400 and it tried updating to 01.04.0500. No longer get the message and all is good. Thinking this update shouldn’t have been pushed to those of us with the MP1?

Are you flying MP1 or MP2?

Mine showed an update the other day but after allowing it to update it was still on the same version. The update appears to be targeted at the MP2.

I was on version 01.04.0400 and it tried updating to 01.04.0500. No longer get the message and all is good. Thinking this update shouldn’t have been pushed to those of us with the MP1?
MP2Z

Hey mate,

Thanks for the info. I flew out today and got some lovely footage. Super impressed with the drone and everything was dandy.

When back at the hotel whilst having the drone on the table connected to the controller (gimbal clamp removed) and making some settings adjustments I got an error saying sys app error and then imu error and then data controller error. When I went to touch the drone it was super hot (as in burning hot) underneath which really worried me (i think the fan didn't kick in) so i turned it off, cooled it under the air conditioning, and spent £15 quid on a local SIM card and updated everything as was not sure if maybe that was the cause. The fan did kick in during the update which took the best part of an hour to download and install.

Could that have been the issue? How can I check nothing was fried when the fan didn't come on? Is this an issue others have? Should I return this unit as faulty or chalk it off to a one off thing? Would hate for that to happen in flight.

You know what I just checked the release notes to make sure I wasn’t missing anything and realized your firmware is a newer firmware than I originally thought. It doesn’t have that water issue I said earlier. Water is still something to be aware of though.

You are really only a few firmwares behind and most of the newer firmware updates had to do with the DJI goggles and the MPP. There are a few features like quick shots and pano mode you’ll gain by upgrading but you are already past the firmwares that have fewer limits and the flight controller doesn’t change much at all.

Here is the firmware reslease notes

Hey mate,

Thanks for the info. I flew out today and got some lovely footage. Super impressed with the drone and everything was dandy.

When back at the hotel whilst having the drone on the table connected to the controller (gimbal clamp removed) and making some settings adjustments I got an error saying sys app error and then imu error and then data controller error. When I went to touch the drone it was super hot (as in burning hot) underneath which really worried me (i think the fan didn't kick in) so i turned it off, cooled it under the air conditioning, and spent £15 quid on a local SIM card and updated everything as was not sure if maybe that was the cause. The fan did kick in during the update which took the best part of an hour to download and install.

Could that have been the issue? How can I check nothing was fried when the fan didn't come on? Is this an issue others have? Should I return this unit as faulty or chalk it off to a one off thing? Would hate for that to happen in flight.

It does get super hot especially on the bottom and it’s not necessarily a problem. Did you have it folded up when you were changing settings? Were you using the simulator?

I had it open and on a wooden table top but in atti mode as no gps inside
It does get super hot especially on the bottom and it’s not necessarily a problem. Did you have it folded up when you were changing settings? Were you using the simulator?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1