DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help me compare cases for M2P with Smart Controller and 4 batteries

Majestic

Reactions
What's up everyone. Was hoping maybe you guys can help steer me in a specific direction for a new case for my M2P with Smart Controller and 4 batteries. Waterproof would be nice but not mandatory.
Looking for something compact and durable. Seems like any of these could fit the bill but now I have so many options it's making it harder for me to choose. LOL!
Thought maybe you guys would feel my pain and might help me out. :) Hoping maybe this thread could help someone else out in the future.

RLSOCO Hard Case for DJI Mavic Pro 2/ DJI Mavic 2 Zoom/DJI Smart Controller- Fits Mavic 2 Accessories:Dji Smart Controller, Mavic 2, 4x Batteries, Charger, Charging Hub,Propellers-(Can Add Lock)

MAXCAM Mavic 2 Pro Carrying Case Compatible for DJI Mavic 2 Pro/DJI Mavic 2 Zoom with Smart Controller Fly More Combo (Give a Screen Protector)

Smatree Hard Carrying Case, Portable Storage case Compatible for DJI Mavic 2 Zoom/Pro Drone, 11 inches Tablet/Kindle and More Accessories

Hard Storage Carrying Case Compatible with DJI Mavic 2 Pro/DJI Mavic 2 Zoom and DJI Smart Controller
(Yes this one only holds two batteries.)

Thanks in advance!

Fred

I wonder why you are restricted to just hard cases and not see the better use of a backpack? There you always have two free hands when hiking.

Reactions: Rattydude77
none of those are really hard cases. they may be stiff but offer very little crush protection. and splashes of water wont effect them but they arent water proof by any means like stated...

this is more costly. but i use it and love it

I wonder why you are restricted to just hard cases and not see the better use of a backpack? There you always have two free hands when hiking.

Good question. I've already used two backpacks and didn't care for them entirely. I guess I am not against suggestions. I have a GPC backpack that I used for my Mavic Pro and an Osmo+. It has a molded storage setup which I like but I feel it's too large for me to take around all the time. For some cases a backpack is probably the right choice but for me I have preferred a case with a shoulder strap. Like I said, for the right backpack I am willing to consider another backpack.

none of those are really hard cases. they may be stiff but offer very little crush protection. and splashes of water wont effect them but they arent water proof by any means like stated...

this is more costly. but i use it and love it

So I am looking for something that is minimalist / compact and I feel that any of the hard cases are always larger than the ones I listed above. If I could find a case like this that fits everything I am looking for and is either the same size or close to it I would consider it. Yes the hard case gives me crush proof and water proof added capabilities. I'm open to ideas. :)

Good question. I've already used two backpacks and didn't care for them entirely. I guess I am not against suggestions. I have a GPC backpack that I used for my Mavic Pro and an Osmo+. It has a molded storage setup which I like but I feel it's too large for me to take around all the time. For some cases a backpack is probably the right choice but for me I have preferred a case with a shoulder strap. Like I said, for the right backpack I am willing to consider another backpack.
It all depends of how your gear looks like, an extra compact camera, a tripod, a couple of gloves, extra batteries, a thermos with coffee. To be restricted with less space in a backpack when hiking out in the nature is for me a no-no.

Reactions: Majestic
It all depends of how your gear looks like, an extra compact camera, a tripod, a couple of gloves, extra batteries, a thermos with coffee. To be restricted with less space in a backpack when hiking out in the nature is for me a no-no.

I have an Osmo Pocket, Osmo Action, and lots of other stuff but don't always bring them with me everywhere. I'd like to be able to throw them in when needed if there's room. Not much of a hiker here but I get your point. I'll note that with my backpack that I have now most often I am slinging it over my shoulder with one strap vs having it strapped to my back. I'm using it as a bag for the most part so I guess I'm open to whatever. I have a terrible case of OCD and this discussion is making me think that I am going to have to rethink all of this. :)

Reactions: Deleted member 3792
Wow. Found this. Holds Osmo Pocket and charging case, Osmo Action and batteries, M2P and Smart Controller with up to 5 batteries. Geez.
If it fits your demands it’s the perfect choice for you. For me personally I prefere the ability to chose what and where to put my stuff in a bag, case or backpack. I don’t like a specific place for each stuff.

If it fits your demands it’s the perfect choice for you. For me personally I prefere the ability to chose what and where to put my stuff in a bag, case or backpack. I don’t like a specific place for each stuff.
I've tried that but I'm the "a place for everything and everything in it's place" kinda guy. I've tried the soft pockets with adjustable walls and what I find is I put anything anywhere it fits and then it makes it harder to find. These bags with inserts keep me organized. I think this backpack is a serious contender.

Reactions: Deleted member 3792
What's up everyone. Was hoping maybe you guys can help steer me in a specific direction for a new case for my M2P with Smart Controller and 4 batteries. Waterproof would be nice but not mandatory.
Looking for something compact and durable. Seems like any of these could fit the bill but now I have so many options it's making it harder for me to choose. LOL!
Thought maybe you guys would feel my pain and might help me out. :) Hoping maybe this thread could help someone else out in the future.

RLSOCO Hard Case for DJI Mavic Pro 2/ DJI Mavic 2 Zoom/DJI Smart Controller- Fits Mavic 2 Accessories:Dji Smart Controller, Mavic 2, 4x Batteries, Charger, Charging Hub,Propellers-(Can Add Lock)

MAXCAM Mavic 2 Pro Carrying Case Compatible for DJI Mavic 2 Pro/DJI Mavic 2 Zoom with Smart Controller Fly More Combo (Give a Screen Protector)

Smatree Hard Carrying Case, Portable Storage case Compatible for DJI Mavic 2 Zoom/Pro Drone, 11 inches Tablet/Kindle and More Accessories

Hard Storage Carrying Case Compatible with DJI Mavic 2 Pro/DJI Mavic 2 Zoom and DJI Smart Controller
(Yes this one only holds two batteries.)

Thanks in advance!

Fred

I have the Nunuk 925 and love it. It is built like a tank and very durable, however I wouldn't consider it compact. It's built for the Smart Controller and all of the items you mentioned. They also come in several different colors (I got the yellow, can't loose that critter). One warning, it is not a cheap case for sure, and the price reflects that.

I too have the Apache 3800, works well to put in back seat to travel but I am not a hiker. One tip though, after you get things to fit where you want them spray it with plasti-cote, will keep whats left from coming apart on you.20190325_190729.jpg20190325_191134.jpg20190325_190818.jpg

I bought this one on ebay for $30 which fits my Mavic 2 Pro with a battery fitted and has space for three more batteries, so four total plus the SC and sun shade underneath it and it will have space for your Osmo in the top hard shell pocket plus phone or tablet in that pocket or phone in the zip pockets and all cables charger ect. and it is small and light weight and the maker states it is water proof. I was just showing the standard controller in the smart controllers cut out space for a size comparison in the photo. The cut outs are in a firm foam material and everything fits nicely and compact..

IMG_6771.jpgIMG_6772.jpgIMG_6771.jpgIMG_6774.jpg

I bought this one on ebay for $30 which fits my Mavic 2 Pro with a battery fitted and has space for three more batteries, so four total plus the SC and sun shade underneath it and it will have space for your Osmo in the top hard shell pocket plus phone or tablet in that pocket or phone in the zip pockets and all cables charger ect. and it is small and light weight and the maker states it is water proof. I was just showing the standard controller in the smart controllers cut out space for a size comparison in the photo. The cut outs are in a firm foam material and ever

Looks really nice and the price is right! I'll have to take a look for it. Thanks!

Looks really nice and the price is right! I'll have to take a look for it. Thanks!
They have type A and B at this ebay site so be sure to look for one that has either the smart controller cut out or the regular controller cut out. It is listed as this for $32.50 plus shipping "For DJI Mavic 2 Zoom Pro Hardshell Carbon Fiber Carrying Case Bag Backpack New" though I don't know if the hard shell is carbon fiber. I have one but not 100% it is carbon fiber, though looks like it.

If you have a standard controller I have one here for sale for $30 plus shipping, in case anyone is interested. I bought it, then bought the SC so it has not been used, still has plastic on it.

They have type A and B at this ebay site so be sure to look for one that has either the smart controller cut out or the regular controller cut out. It is listed as this for $32.50 plus shipping "For DJI Mavic 2 Zoom Pro Hardshell Carbon Fiber Carrying Case Bag Backpack New" though I don't know if the hard shell is carbon fiber. I have one but not 100% it is carbon fiber, though looks like it.

If you have a standard controller I have one here for sale for $30 plus shipping, in case anyone is interested. I bought it, then bought the SC so it has not been used, still has plastic on it.

Can you let us know if it is the "A" or "B" option that fits the smart controller? The pictures seem be be the same for either choice, and the description doesn't seem to say either. Thanks!

You can see that one shows the slim cutout for the standard controller but the other is the wide almost square cut out, like mine, for the SC. I am not sure which but I am sure that a quick message to the seller will have them telling you which one, or leaving a note with a purchase to state that it should be for the smart controller.

I made the mistake of not noticing it was for a Mavic Pro, when I bought my second one, which was to be for my Mavic 2 Pro. I already had this case for my Mavic Pro, which I included when I sold it, to buy the M2P. Luckily I sold that one locally and ordered another for my M2P. Then I saw a deal for a SC and bought that, so had to order yet another case for the M2P but with the SC cut out shape. That is why I have a brand new case for sale to fit a M2P with standard controller.

There are a few seller on ebay of these cases ranging o average between $45 to $60 depending on what seller you click on, but only a small number are selling for the $32 price point. I love the case and it's a great price.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom