DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help, Micro SD install problems.

Darkroad

Reactions
Problem: My Micro SD cards will not insert into the slot fully. I can turn them over and they push in fully BUT will not lock in place. Upon turning them back to proper direction they seem to catch on the tang that locks them into place and they will not go in all the way. Do I need to perhaps trim the card a bit so it will insert properly or go with another brand of cards????? My current cards are 128gb SanDisk that I bought from Costco. Your opinions are appreciated.

They microSD cards should slot in easily but are fiddly to get them to lock using your fingers. I sometimes use a blunt cocktail stick or match end to press and lock it into place. When it won’t go in that’s when it’s in the wrong way around. Do Not cut or trim the card, the tang is required for the card to lock in place.

Exactly as SkyeHigh said. Unless you have really long fingernails, you'll have trouble seating the card fully. This phenomena is not exclusive to drones...cell phones, GPS units, and a variety of other devices have the same problem! Some require tweezers to uninstall...ask me how I know... ;)

Hi Darkroad. See the attached pictur. Your drone should have the same emblem showing how the card should be inserted. It shows the cutout.
Good luck.

Attachments

• DC80CEE0-472E-4CEE-9A31-74C26D5CD8F2.jpeg
    DC80CEE0-472E-4CEE-9A31-74C26D5CD8F2.jpeg
    275.3 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: THE CYBORG
The contacts on the card go up. I use the micro sd adapter to push the card in or out. It has that little flat corner on one side that is perfect for that.

Reactions: Xvtownboy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdleffler