DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help! Need to calculate battery life of Mavic in standby mode

JJA

Reactions
Hi everyone! Would really appreciate some help with these two questions:

How long will the battery last in a Mavic that is powered on, left on the ground in standby mode (that is, not flying), but disconnected from the controller? I believe Mavics will keep searching for the controller after it's disconnected, because I powered down the controller once on my Mavic (leaving it in standby mode) and then was able to reconnect a few minutes later (not immediately, but after the controller searched for the Mavic a few minutes). Which makes me think the Mavic was pinging around looking to reconnect with Controller.

And what are Mavics programmed to do as the battery runs down? If the controller is disconnected, will the Mavic stay on, trying to reconnect with the controller until it runs fully out of battery (0% charge), or will the unit preemptively turn off before it reaches zero charge and somehow go into hybernation mode? And if it goes into hibernation mode, at what charge state/% does it do that?

Thanks so much everyone for reading through to the end!

Reactions: borzoiboy
You should download and read the manual. There's a lot of useful information there.

Summary: Loss of connection to controller, it'll start to fly back to home point. Then it'll try to land. It'll start to land at 10%, even if it hasnt reach home point.

Reactions: JJA
The way I understand this question is;
You want to know how long the Mavic will stay powered on sitting on the ground without flying, without the motors running, without remote connected, and without the app connected?
1rst, that would be a dumb thing to do. You would be asking for overheating problems.
Why in the world is this even a question?
Maybe you could better explain what you are wanting to do?

The standard Mavic battery is 3.83 Ahr. It pulls around 8 A in flight - hence the estimated flight time of around 27 minutes. On the ground, before takeoff, motors off, and close to the RC, it pulls around 1.1 A. On that basis one would expect it to go for a little under 3.5 hours starting at 100%.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54