DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HELP NEEDED! Error codes. Can anyone advise?

holmsy05

Reactions
Hi,

I recently bought a drone as broken or for spares. The person I had bought it off of told us that he had crashed the drone recently and sent it off for repair. His story is as goes:

Drone experienced a crash, it was sent away to a repair shop and they repaired the following items with BRAND NEW parts:

1. Front right arm including motor
2.Gimble rubber grommets
3.Battery Door
4. Both rear arm axis'

They then quoted a very high price for the remaining repairs which were:

1. 3 in 1 video transmission cable
2. Gimble PTZ cable
3. Upper body shell (not compulsory).

After personally replacing these two cables using this YouTube video,

the drone does still not work and shows the error codes in the two pictures below:

Code 10001 (camera malfunction), Code 30096 (compass error), Code 180016 (downward vision sensor error), Code 180030 (vision sensor error), Code 180031 (vision sensor error), Code 40021 (gimbal IMU data error), Code 10016 (camera not calibrated).

Can someone help me understand why these errors are still coming up when I turn on the drone even after replacing the necessary wires and what to do if they cannot be fixed?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG-0289.PNG
    IMG-0289.PNG
    274.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG-0288.PNG
    IMG-0288.PNG
    298 KB · Views: 26
why these errors are still coming up.....
implies they were coming up before you tried the cable replacement/s, were they? If so were you aware of the fault warnings before you bought the drone?

implies they were coming up before you tried the cable replacement/s, were they? If so were you aware of the fault warnings before you bought the drone?
Yes. They were coming up before replacing the wires, and they are still appearing. I was aware of the faults before I bought the drone as the person who sold it to me had sent it off for repair and the repair shop had told him he needed these two wires to fix it. I replaced them myself and it still has not fixed the problem.

OK but what I am failing to understand is why a gimbal cable failure would produce errors messages concerning vision sensors and the compass or perhaps, and more to the point, why you think they would? Is this based on the seller saying the shop told him the cables need replacing?
I have a scrapper that was bought for experimentation, it has a broken gimbal ribbon cable but the camera itself works, the gimbal does not work properly, but the drone flies with from memory only a "gimbal stuck" warning. The stranded gimbal cable is fine.

It might be worth checking if there is a memory card fitted and if not, fitting one. The 10022 error is, I think, what I see when I forget to refit the mSD card.
If there is a card fitted, remove it and replace it with a known good but EMPTY card. Corrupt files or strange files on a card can sometimes do funny things to DJI drones.

OK but what I am failing to understand is why a gimbal cable failure would produce errors messages concerning vision sensors and the compass or perhaps, and more to the point, why you think they would?
I don't understand either unfortunately. All I'm going off is what the DJI Fly app is telling me in the error section.
Is this based on the seller saying the shop told him the cables need replacing?
Yes. When the seller sent the drone off for replacement, he was told he needed these two new cables as they were broken on the drone.
t might be worth checking if there is a memory card fitted and if not, fitting one. The 10022 error is, I think, what I see when I forget to refit the mSD card.
If there is a card fitted, remove it and replace it with a known good but EMPTY card. Corrupt files or strange files on a card can sometimes do funny things to DJI drones.
Yeh. I understand that one. I just have it out at the moment as it is in my DJI Osmo Pocket.

i doubt anybody can fix my issue but here it is: i turn on my dji mini 2,2battery light go on 1st and last while fully charged.I cant turn off the drone without taking the battery out,i cant get it into pairing mode,updates dont work now and the light flashes red at the back,also when powering on the gimbal dosent move and dji assist 2 wont work either

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji