DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help Needed please Cable from Mini Controller to iPad mini

Simon S

Reactions
Hi could anyone tell me if the cable that connects the DJI Mavic Pro Transmitter has the correct connection and correct wiring to gate a Mini Controller to talk to an iPad mini 4?

OK thanks, the cable supplied with the Mini being so short obviously reaches with a Mobile Phone but is too short for an iPad mini. I see there is a cable for the DJI Mavic Pro advertised on Wish at a sensible price. My only concern was that it would communicate the Fly app on the iPad mini 4 through to the DJI Mini Controller. But if as you say they are common to all Mavics then great I will purchase another Cable (ie a longer one) to reach the iPad mini. Many thanks for your help.

Is not the "Mavic Pro" an older model? They seem quite common second hand on ebay. If it is an older model, check prices before you 'leap'.

Is not the "Mavic Pro" an older model? They seem quite common second hand on ebay. If it is an older model, check prices before you 'leap'.
Hello again. I'm not after a Mavic Pro, it's just that if the cable is the same as on the mini I can use it's extra length to reach the iPad mini. One again, I am grateful Foy you help and advice.

Hi could anyone tell me if the cable that connects the DJI Mavic Pro Transmitter has the correct connection and correct wiring to gate a Mini Controller to talk to an iPad mini 4?
I believe that the cable used on the Mini at the CONTROLLER side of things is the same as the Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom. It is that oddball shape (probably the micro A shown in that wiki link) but is actually also Micro B as long as you orient it correctly when inserting. You just need the proper plug on your apple or other device.

Mavic Remote Controller Cable - DJI Store does not seem model specific which would imply the cable is common to all mavics

Though I would ask if the socket on the controller is a USB -C socket or a micro USB A socket see USB hardware - Wikipedia
The 'insulator' in the controller's socket that 'hides'the contacts is narrow whereas the insulator I have seen in a USB-C socket is almost full width.
Phillius I have just now seen the USB Hardware 'link' with Wikipedia you included. Yesterday Somehow I could not see this link. The diagram is really helpful so once again many thanks for you help.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS