DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help needed!

validatekev

Reactions
Slowly getting used to my MV2 zoom and enjoying more with every flight. However, I was hoping someone could give me some tips on making panning during recording more smooth?
Any input gratefully received.

Slowly getting used to my MV2 zoom and enjoying more with every flight. However, I was hoping someone could give me some tips on making panning during recording more smooth?
Any input gratefully received.

It’s really hard and an issue. What I find helps is to roll the aircraft in the opposite direction I am panning. This creates a small semi circular flight path. You don’t move far enough away from the the original spit to notice in the video but it makes the panning maneuver much smoother. This is called a “half moon” maneuver.

Reactions: ff22
Grateful for your input sir I will try to add this manoeuvre to my repertoire. Which now includes taking off and landing in the same place without go home feature and avoiding things!!!!

It’s really hard and an issue. What I find helps is to roll the aircraft in the opposite direction I am panning. This creates a small semi circular flight path. You don’t move far enough away from the the original spit to notice in the video but it makes the panning maneuver much smoother. This is called a “half moon” maneuver.
Careful you don't get the sticks to the down-&-out position (Combination Stick Command) that cuts the motors!
Sounds like an interesting move tho' - Thanks - I'm going to give that a try.
There are a lot of YouTube vid's about setting the yaw speed to get slower and smoother panning. That's set in Go4 (EXP settings for rudder - reduce from .25 to .20).

Careful you don't get the sticks to the down-&-out position (Combination Stick Command) that cuts the motors!
Sounds like an interesting move tho' - Thanks - I'm going to give that a try.
There are a lot of YouTube vid's about setting the yaw speed to get slower and smoother panning. That's set in Go4 (EXP settings for rudder - reduce from .25 to .20).

Mavic doesn’t cut the motors mid air(called a “control stick cut-off” or CSC manueuver)unless you specifically set it to do that which is never a good idea. This is found in the main controller setting in the advanced tab at the bottom. It should be set to “in case of emergency only” which is default and what you want. If you want it to preform a CSC maneuver mid air (you don’t) then select “CSC maneuver” instead.

Quick note that some people think it saves battery to CSC at a really high altitude and then restart the motors once you get closer the the ground but this is a terrible idea and missinformed. If you want to save battery just turn up the desend speed to -10 m/s and it will use way less battery while remaining safe.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB