DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help please !! Gimbal holder broken!!

Sendas, you'll need to partially disassemble it to get to where you can replace the gimbal plate. You can't just remove it from below. Watch several videos, and take your time. I replaced mine today (I'm no expert) in about two hours.

But doesn't that plate is secured by the rubber bands ? Btw: what kind of screwdriver I need ? Size, type, etc. Thanks !

Sendas, you'll need to partially disassemble it to get to where you can replace the gimbal plate. You can't just remove it from below. Watch several videos, and take your time. I replaced mine today (I'm no expert) in about two hours.

See, I just did it in 5 minutes

00fe5689213005eb684304a46fcea4f4.jpg

934f0f896eb56360818921ba88b7e490.jpg

Exactly same thing happened to me today.. ordered new part.. I assume I can just screw gimbal on and then hook up the elastic ties on each corner and align under the tab?

Exactly same thing happened to me today.. ordered new part.. I assume I can just screw gimbal on and then hook up the elastic ties on each corner and align under the tab?
correct.
i have a video on how-to for this. let me know if you need any help.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpookyBaron
i just made it and uploading to YT, once it's there i'll post it here.
Ok thanks, I didn't notice the silver wires and the cable coming out this much before hand, do they just need tucking in once the gimbal is reconnected?

Attachments

• IMG_9070.JPG
    IMG_9070.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 53
Ok thanks, I didn't notice the silver wires and the cable coming out this much before hand, do they just need tucking in once the gimbal is reconnected?
i would be very careful with those wires when installing a new plate. if it was up to me i would open the mavic's top up and take the gimbal out and install a new plate and put it back
together but you can do it without opening it up. it's just easier to work on a gimbal when it's off.
and if you want i can make a video of that whole procedure also.
it takes about 5 minutes to take the top off and another 5 to take the gimbal out.
up to you.

i would be very careful with those wires when installing a new plate. if it was up to me i would open the mavic's top up and take the gimbal out and install a new plate and put it back
together but you can do it without opening it up. it's just easier to work on a gimbal when it's off.
and if you want i can make a video of that whole procedure also.
it takes about 5 minutes to take the top off and another 5 to take the gimbal out.
up to you.

That would be cool, if there's a risk of braking something else I'll try it your way :)

That would be cool, if there's a risk of braking something else I'll try it your way :)
ok, then this is what i'll do.
i'll make a video on how to open the top (i know there are plenty out there already) and how to take the gimbal off and replace the anti vibration plate.
as soon as i have it on YT i'll reply here

Looking at the picture you posted, it appears that the flat ribbon cable is broken. You will need to open the drone and disassemble the gimbal to replace it.

In any case, you can't just replace the gimbal vibration plate because the ribbon cable threads through a slot in the plate. So, you have to open the drone and drop the gimbal assembly in order to disconnect the ribbon cable from the gimbal control board so you can thread it through the vibration plate.

Looking at the picture you posted, it appears that the flat ribbon cable is broken. You will need to open the drone and disassemble the gimbal to replace it.

In any case, you can't just replace the gimbal vibration plate because the ribbon cable threads through a slot in the plate. So, you have to open the drone and drop the gimbal assembly in order to disconnect the ribbon cable from the gimbal control board so you can thread it through the vibration plate.

The ribbon is still attached to the board it seems , but I understand the rest, yeah I wondered why there was a gap in the plate.. the camera still shows a picture so I'm not sure if the picture goes through the metal cable or the ribbon..
52f9ba4ecc859388a62432cad55dd92a.jpg

The ribbon is still attached to the board it seems , but I understand the rest, yeah I wondered why there was a gap in the plate.. the camera still shows a picture so I'm not sure if the picture goes through the metal cable or the ribbon..

The silver LVDS cable bundle is for the camera. The ribbon cable is for gimbal motor control. Since you still have picture, the LVDS cable should be fine. The video @hunch posted clearly shows how the ribbon cable threads through the slot in the vibration plate.

Reactions: hunch
Thanks, ahh I see what you mean about the ribbon cable.. it connects to the camera in 2 locations.. gah so I need a new cable too! That makes me a sad panda :(

Thanks, ahh I see what you mean about the ribbon cable.. it connects to the camera in 2 locations.. gah so I need a new cable too! That makes me a sad panda :(
Replacing the ribbon cable is a whole new adventure. It connects to the gimbal in three places and has a couple of "mysterious" bends in it that cause trouble for lots of people. If you're not into working with miniature parts or just don't want to tackle it yourself, check with @Thunderdrones about doing a repair for you; he has a good reputation on this board. There may be others who also do drone repair work. Ask around.

Replacing the ribbon cable is a whole new adventure. It connects to the gimbal in three places and has a couple of "mysterious" bends in it that cause trouble for lots of people. If you're not into working with miniature parts or just don't want to tackle it yourself, check with @Thunderdrones about doing a repair for you; he has a good reputation on this board. There may be others who also do drone repair work. Ask around.

Thanks, I'm in the UK, is this chap also here?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji