DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help please !! Gimbal holder broken!!

Thanks, I'm in the UK, is this chap also here?
we're all in US LOL
Thunder is in Georgia, US and I am in MN, US. sorry!
i hear ya. it wouldn't make sense shipping the gimbal here, have it fixed and send it back. shipping alone both ways will be about $90.
i do have used / repaired Mavic gimbals that work perfect for $200 /ea. since you are in UK extra $25 on top of that and i will cover the rest of the shipping.

we're all in US LOL
i hear ya. it wouldn't make sense shipping the gimbal here, have it fixed and send it back. shipping alone both ways will be about $90.
i do have used / repaired Mavic gimbals that work perfect for $200 /ea. since you are in UK extra $25 on top of that and i will cover the rest of the shipping.
I've ordered the cable and mount so i'll give it a go :) if it fails i know where to come ha ha thankyou

we're all in US LOL

Sorry I shorted you by referring to Thunderdrones. Didn't know you were also in the repair business, but now I do and will give you credit as well in the future.

Reactions: hunch
So what glue would you suggest i use for replacement when i open up the Mavic? just buying the stuff i need now..

Sorry I shorted you by referring to Thunderdrones. Didn't know you were also in the repair business, but now I do and will give you credit as well in the future.
hey, no worries whatsoever.
we're here to help each other and find fastest and cheapest solution so people can get back in the air asap.

I mean in the video it says replace the glue that's on the connectors..
Ahh, that. I don't know what @hunch or @Thunderdrones use. I've heard people use liquid electrical tape (Gardner Bender LTB-400 Liquid Electrical Tape, Easy-on, Waterproof, Indoor / Outdoor Use, 4 Oz. Jar, Black - - Amazon.com). I've used Permatex Black Silicone Adhesive (Amazon.com: Permatex 81158 Black Silicone Adhesive Sealant, 3 oz. Tube: Home Improvement). You would be good with MG Chemicals Non Corrosive Translucent 1-Part RTV Silicone Adhesive Sealant (Amazon.com: MG Chemicals Non Corrosive Translucent 1-Part RTV Silicone Adhesive Sealant, 85 ml Tube: Industrial & Scientific). DO NOT use regular silicon adhesives or sealants - they contain chemicals that will corrode electronics.

Link? The ones I've found are horrible. Thought about doing one myself but not really into doing videos.
i will upload it later tonight or tomorrow. i have it on my phone / osmo and just need to upload but in the middle of something right now.
yeah i've watched couple of them and they don't really explain how to bend the cable and such.
mine is a closeup of the whole thing. ;)

This one seemed ok, but also didn't show how to reassemble

my video is real time form the time the gimbal is off the mavic and starting to take apart to the time it is back on the mavic.
will post here as soon as i can. really busy right now.
have 3 mavics. 2 phantoms and an inspire in the shop. needs to be done by tomorrow night for monday morning shipping. :)

my video is real time form the time the gimbal is off the mavic and starting to take apart to the time it is back on the mavic.
will post here as soon as i can. really busy right now.
have 3 mavics. 2 phantoms and an inspire in the shop. needs to be done by tomorrow night for monday morning shipping. :)
No worries Hunch, I'm waiting on parts so its all good :)

if you guys need a video on anything. anything at all, let me know. i have alot still not published and if i don't have it, i can make it.

I'm thinking twice about repairing myself after I was quoted this... also there's a second quote from another company.. BIG difference! Ha ha
d9d0eb98de4a983395c87a123b90233d.jpg
43e23acd71148061fb7458d34e5b9da9.jpg

Reactions: I_Like_Drones
Hi, I replaced the ribbon, eventually ha.. it's acted rather weird which I didn't record.. when switched on it did its thing and ended up facing down, after a few seconds it did the same, I moved the gimbal and it started moving and then bam it worked.. gimbal moving with me etc.. I turned the Mavic off and on and then I hear a screeching sound while the gimbal moved about and I gave it a nudge and it started working and went quite, even when I moved the gimbal with the remote.. not sure if some of the gimbal motors are a little damaged or what.. are the little screws on the arms supposed to spin? As I can't tighten or loosen them, they just spin. Also this video shows some play in the arm, is this normal? Ty

hi, no they shouldn't just spin. i am thinking the thread is worn out and that's why you have little wiggle in that arm. there should be none.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS