DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help! Remote control very slow charge.

I just bought a MAVIC AIR yesterday and the remote controller is taking 3 hours to charge and then lasts about 45 minutes of use, without even flying, just been testing the drone controls and what each does etc with the props off on the AIR. For that itself im getting only about 30 to 45 minutes of use.

Last edited:
is this the norm? 3-4 batteries till recharge of the controller ?
Get a iPhone or iPad and the remote does not charge your phone you can also plug in a power pack to the remote if you're using a iPhone and keep it charged the whole entire time

Get a iPhone or iPad and the remote does not charge your phone you can also plug in a power pack to the remote if you're using a iPhone and keep it charged the whole entire time

Yeah i have an inverter also at home, shall i string it around my neck so ill have continuous power. The entire concept is portability. Its already complex with the attached phone, GPS sats found, home lock, 3 add-on batteries in pockets and all. I might as well bring the kitchen sink also, according to your idea.

Reactions: Aww@Mavic
If you slide down the notification bar and tap on the "you've connected a USB device" message (or similar) you should be able to choose a more appropriate connection type. My Note 8 default to "charge this device" but I changed it to "connect a MIDI device" and it stopped charging and let the app connect. Of course, not all Android devices are the same but in my case I was able to have the app connect without any battery drain on the controller.

I fly 5 batts down to 30% and my controller is around 34% so something is not right..oh and it's charging my phone the whole time too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose