DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help to identify new feature!

D700

Reactions
Hi guys! I wasn’t flying my mavic pro for long time (since September 2017). I don’t update the firmware, but I updated the DJI GO4 app (last version). Today during the flight I noticed a “new” thing for me: on the display a new bar (a line) appeared with a yellow dot with an “H” on it showing the homepoint location while flying. Very useful loved it. After landing to switch batteries I noticed the mentioned bar was gone and I couldn’t figure how to have it back again. Any hints? Thanks in advance!

If this is the line on the map between the homepoint icon and the drone icon, it have been a part of the software since before the Mavic was released.

upload_2018-7-26_14-9-15.png

Hi! Nope this one is there since ever! I mean one like this under it but with the purpose of showing the homepoint location, not the flight/battery time left
I figured as much. You mentioned that you had not flown since September and I know that I am capable of forgetting what something looked like that long ago. I am running an older Go 4 version so I will let someone more knowledgeable than myself chime in.

I flew this morning and am up today on everything and did a screen recording .This I took from it . What you seeing you haven't seen before Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 4.23.41 PM.png .

I figured as much. You mentioned that you had not flown since September and I know that I am capable of forgetting what something looked like that long ago. I am running an older Go 4 version so I will let someone more knowledgeable than myself chime in.

Mossiback it was very strange: I made 4 flights yesterday without anything special happening it was all absolutely normal as I was used to; and today I headed to the same spot for few more flights. I am a very experienced Mavic user, and on my 2nd flight today, I had the Mavic at around 600m from me with the camera pointing down (nadir). And it’s when it went strange:

A) first While bringing the drone back to me, a line of dots appeared while I was raising the camera angle until I leveled it with horizon, the dotted line disapeared

B) I noticed then the line showing the yellow dot with the H on it, going right and left according with the drone turns relatively to me (homepoint). While trying to figure what it was at first I made several turns to check and it was indeed the home point direction (liked it a lot)

C) I also noticed a vertical slider like a graph, next side (left) to the dots showing the camera tilt with “28” on top. Not sure about this one...

I use DJI GO 4 latest version on an iPhone 7 Plus
Mavic firmware I stopped updating october 2017, and if I can, I will not update it anymore.

I am very curious to know what was all that I described because I really would like to display again the homepoint direction that way, much better than the so called “radar” (attitude) or the map!
Thank you!

If I don’t have my wires crossed you were having the dotted lines in the middle of your live view screen guiding you back to home point ???

I believe the dotted line is the camera angle indicator. It appears on my display as a nearly transparent vertical line of dots with the more solid one being the current angle of the camera. I'm not sure about the yellow H dot. Is that in the map view?

If I don’t have my wires crossed you were having the dotted lines in the middle of your live view screen guiding you back to home point ???

No the dotted lines were showing the camera tilt. The straight line , under the line with the “H” that shows the flight duration left; it also had an H on it (in a yellow dot like the other) and was showing where the home point was located moving left and right according with mavic’s direction. This was, guiding you home. I saw something similar in other software some time ago.

That stuff has been on my screen since day one . Darn I was all excited about something new and cool

I believe the dotted line is the camera angle indicator. It appears on my display as a nearly transparent vertical line of dots with the more solid one being the current angle of the camera. I'm not sure about the yellow H dot. Is that in the map view?

All I mentioned happened (appeared) in live view. The dotted line I mentioned was an horizontal one, the camera was pointing down when I started tilting it up the horizontal dotted line across the live view appeared from the botton and went up til the camera was again leveled with the horizon and then disapeared

I am running Go 4 version 4.1.15 on Android so my display is probably different than yours. It does sound like you are seeing the camera angle display.

IMG_3649.JPG ok this is it: I found an image on the internet. How to make it to appear?

I am sorry but I have never seen that before.

Reactions: D700
Ok I got it! Finally! I enabled tap fly, and then after canceling it, it was still there.

Reactions: dirkclod
Good to know. Now you can decide if it is a flaw or a feature.

Reactions: D700
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS