DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help Ukrainian developers and their families, get cool photo editing software — Skylum's Luminar Neo and more

BethanyFerrell

Reactions
Yesterday I got an email from the guys at software house Skylum, who are riding out the war in their hometown, Kyiv, Ukraine.

They're promoting the latest variation on their Luminar photo editing software, famous for HDRI and other lighting-related adjustments, though it does much more. Luminar is great for sky replacement, among other things, and might be useful to the more creative-minded (as opposed to "exactly what the camera captured") photographers here. I already owned most of their software from a sale on Humble Bundle, so I bought their Luminar Neo product and a pack of cloud photos.

Here's the message:
We’re standing strong with your help

We’ve endured one more day of the war that the Russian Federation is waging on Ukrainian land. The Skylum team and all Ukrainians are extremely grateful for the support you’ve been giving us and our country.

These days, Skylum is working hard to support the Ukrainian economy and our families. Even in the darkest times, we’re trying to contribute to the sustainable development of our country and provide our employees with jobs. And, of course, we’re doing everything in our power to keep our users happy with the performance of our creative image editors.

Choose LuminarAI or Luminar Neo to get the best editing results in the shortest time. Add creative assets from the Luminar Marketplace to make the process even more enjoyable and the final image more unique. Share your amazing works on social media and tag Skylum to show your creativity and support Ukraine.

Browse the Marketplace to find a wide selection of Skies, Templates, LUTs, Overlays, and more. By getting our products today, you’re not only investing in your creativity but supporting our team and our beautiful country.

Create stunning images. Stand with Ukraine.

The email included two links, one to Luminar Neo and one to their content marketplace. Here are the links.

I chose "new user" rather than upgrade. The price difference was small and I don't mind paying a little more to help support developers, and their families, who are stuck in this war-torn nation. It's not out of pity; the software really is superb, though some of their sky-replacement sample images are ill-advised (inserting fluffy, close, low-altitude cumulus behind monumental distant mountains just doesn't work; ditto the crescent moon that lets stars shine through the dark part).

Disclaimers: I have no connection to Skylum or anyone who works there, and I checked with BigAl07 before posting this. Skylum isn't the only image processing software I use; Photoshop is an every-day tool, and less frequently I reach for OnOne, Exposure (formerly Alien Skin), Corel Painter, and Dogwaffle Howler.

[eta] I'd like to avoid political arguments, and just keep to discussion of the software. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions of the conflict but this isn't the place to hash them out.

Last edited:
Post Approved by ADMIN!

Let's NOT get political on this thread at all . . . Stay on topic :)

I use
Luminar 4
Luminar AI
Luminar Neo
All very good software. Neo is the newest but lacks some of what Luminar 4 does. I mostly use them as plug ins with photoshop and lightroom. Just another step in photo editing for me.

Reactions: stowman2
I have used all Luminar products since the beginning and I use Neo with aurora hdr. Great software for beginners and intermediate users.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scottyg2s