DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help - Video "aliasing" or Pixelation ?...

sesd97

Reactions
MP Pilots, looking for your honest thoughts here .... (no post processing, 2.7k @ 30fps, 1/60s, +1 sharpening, ND32 filter)

Please review the video below..especially between : 20 seconds and 40 seconds

Look carefully at the grass hill on the left hand side. Why is there no detail?, and it looks like the picture is just smudged together like an oil painting! I have followed ALL the best advice online from the experts, and basically still am not totally impressed. Later in the video, there does seem to be better sharpness when the MP is "closer" to the bushes and grass etc .....

Maybe it's just me, ? because the rest of the video is pretty good and I think in general it looks OK.

Is this what you guys all expect from the Mavic, is this as good as it gets? or bad operator error :)

What are you viewing in on, looked fine on my iPhone 7+

It's called watercolor effect and there are tons of threads on this phenom, and how to avoid it.

sooo........ Is this something that's my "fault" as a bad operator .... or is this a "send back to DJI" type event ? I'm just not sure, hence my question, Is this just like all mavic's (this is the best quality they produce), or is there maybe something wrong with mine?

IIRC there were some soft focus issues people were having. I think it shows up in pictures as well. When I bought mine I faced it to a brick wall and took some video and stills to confirm I had even focus.

Switch your camera settings from pal to ntsc and back to pal. This resets the camera and often fixes the issue with none progressive sharpness adjustments. Try it and let us know if this works

Reactions: Lt Shanks
Thanks Shawn, I'll try that and report back if there is improvement. Thanks for responding!

With a lens like the MP you will be hard to get every single thing in focus.
Especially in shots like that.
Did you try tap to focus closer in?
Post production in a half decent editor will "clarify" things.

Michael, no I did not try tap focus, I have always only used auto focus so maybe next time will try that suggestion instead. I agree with you that maybe some of this can be fixed in post processing, but I'd like to get as quality an image as I can directly first go around.

Reactions: Michael Ainsworth
IMG_0101.JPG IMG_0083.JPG Agree with your needs but I accept my limitations with all the different settings.
For me only, I accept some short fall either equipment or bad operator settings and am resigned to post production work.
Easier with stills, I shoot Jpeg/ Raw and HDR.
The above are just straight with no changes post production.

Reactions: sesd97
Switch your camera settings from pal to ntsc and back to pal. This resets the camera and often fixes the issue with none progressive sharpness adjustments. Try it and let us know if this works
Shawn, i tried this but NO intrinsic difference....still searching for a solution (not even sure if there is one?)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+