DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help with cell phone case, please

edfrombama

Reactions
Good evening to all- I got my cell phone to take the dji fly ap and everything seems to work fine. However when I put the Otter Case on the phone, it won't let me plug in the connection from the controller to the phone. Do you have any suggestions? any other brands of case that will allow the connection to be made?

thanks very much- Ed

That's the problem I had with my phones and cases.

I had to remove the phone from the case.

A different OTG cable with straight ends should work with the case and remote.

Good evening to all- I got my cell phone to take the dji fly ap and everything seems to work fine. However when I put the Otter Case on the phone, it won't let me plug in the connection from the controller to the phone. Do you have any suggestions? any other brands of case that will allow the connection to be made?

thanks very much- Ed
I assume your problem is the right angle connector on the end of the standard cable won’t “reach” the phone “socket” because the case is too thick.

Otter box makes a great case and it sounds like you are an outdoorsy sort so it would seem like a good idea to change the cable rather than the relatively expensive high quality case. 😀

Reactions: dozzn

thanks very much- Ed
I've not had luck with leaving on the phone case. Eventually, you may want to use a tablet and holder.
Best of luck pilot!

You don't mention the connection type to your phone, but i was able to get a short, straight extension for a USB-C.

Reactions: dozzn and MA2 317
I have found Spigen make cases that are thin enough to work with the standard cables.

Good evening to all-
I may have found a solution to my connection problem. My daughter's new cell phone arrived today and it came with a pile of connections and cables and such. It looks as if one of the cables will fit into the cell phone I'm using for my Mini 2 and also into the drone controller. They paired up and the drone seemed happy with the arrangement, so I will try this set up tomorrow. It is blowing like stink this evening, and I don't feel like trying to find a blown-away drone on Christmas Eve.

You all be safe and keep well- Ed

Reactions: MA2 317
Good evening to all-
I may have found a solution to my connection problem. My daughter's new cell phone arrived today and it came with a pile of connections and cables and such. It looks as if one of the cables will fit into the cell phone I'm using for my Mini 2 and also into the drone controller. They paired up and the drone seemed happy with the arrangement, so I will try this set up tomorrow. It is blowing like stink this evening, and I don't feel like trying to find a blown-away drone on Christmas Eve.

You all be safe and keep well- Ed
Good for you. Best wishes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada