DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help with crystal sky display

wild_matt

Reactions
Hi everyone, I’ve been lurking for a while but officially joined today. I’m really new to everything drones and was looking for some help pairing my crystal sky display to my mavic 2 enterprise. When I connect the display to the controller and then connect to the drone, no camera display comes up. It’s just a gray screen. The sensors are working, and the camera will still take photos and videos that will show up on my memory card but nothing comes up on the screen. I updated the DJI Pilot app, the Crystal Sky and the Mavic but nothing seems to help. Does anyone have any ideas or should I return the screen and get a new one? I’ve been told to try to connect to the DJI assistant app but was hoping to find a solution that didn’t require me to go out and buy a computer right now just for this issue.
Thanks

Did you completely remove the cable that plugs in tI the left hand side of the controller?
You must do that and connect the CS through the USB port Middle of the bottom of the controller... only visible With arms of the controller unfolded.

Reactions: JAW
Sorry forgot to mention that. Yes I removed the small cable and am now using the 9” cable that I got with my polar pro mount.

Sorry forgot to mention that. Yes I removed the small cable and am now using the 9” cable that I got with my polar pro mount.
That’s what I use... I had no problems.... maybe restart or refresh software. The CS should ask what drone you’re flying.

Hi everyone, I’ve been lurking for a while but officially joined today. I’m really new to everything drones and was looking for some help pairing my crystal sky display to my mavic 2 enterprise. When I connect the display to the controller and then connect to the drone, no camera display comes up. It’s just a gray screen. The sensors are working, and the camera will still take photos and videos that will show up on my memory card but nothing comes up on the screen. I updated the DJI Pilot app, the Crystal Sky and the Mavic but nothing seems to help. Does anyone have any ideas or should I return the screen and get a new one? I’ve been told to try to connect to the DJI assistant app but was hoping to find a solution that didn’t require me to go out and buy a computer right now just for this issue.
Thanks

"Nothing comes up on the screen"? Just confirming you can see the App but video down feed isn't working? I must say I have seen people with old computers, but no computers is a rarity these days...but be that as it may, you don't know anyone with a computer? First and formost I would say swap out the cable,as it may be a charge only or a bad sync cable. You should keep cables on hand as with use they go bad...even knew ones. Best to check everything. To hard to say what is going on when you don't have proper equipment to troubleshoot. IF your cable is bad and you get a new CrystalSky...your going to have same problem unfortuantely.

Everything on the CS works as it should except the in flight display. I attached a picture of what the display looks like, it’s not a great picture but think you can see what I’m talking about. As far as a computer goes I have one at home but I won’t be getting back there anytime soon. I’m a lineman working down in Texas/Louisiana doing storm restoration following hurricane Laura. So the goal would be to try to get it working while I’m down here. I have an iPad with me but the software isn’t compatible.

Attachments

• 08129AE5-AE50-4F76-BD3A-F36AFDA0C960.jpeg
    08129AE5-AE50-4F76-BD3A-F36AFDA0C960.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 50
Everything on the CS works as it should except the in flight display. I attached a picture of what the display looks like, it’s not a great picture but think you can see what I’m talking about. As far as a computer goes I have one at home but I won’t be getting back there anytime soon. I’m a lineman working down in Texas/Louisiana doing storm restoration following hurricane Laura. So the goal would be to try to get it working while I’m down here. I have an iPad with me but the software isn’t compatible.

Can you confirm it working with a normal phone using the same cable ?
Your connecting to the CS via the central USB-C port on the bottom of the unit ?

Are you using DJI Pilot v1.8.0 ?

Last edited:
Did you try relinking controller to M2E? I had that problem and relink the controller and everything went back to normal.

Attachments

• 66CC11AA-6911-4FCB-BCBA-295CF532683A.jpeg
    66CC11AA-6911-4FCB-BCBA-295CF532683A.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
  • B7434D5B-A337-4660-A1C4-0A33A813E167.jpeg
    B7434D5B-A337-4660-A1C4-0A33A813E167.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 21
Can you confirm it working with a normal phone using the same cable ?
Your connecting to the CS via the central USB-C port on the bottom of the unit ?

Are you using DJI Pilot v1.3.0 ?
You may need to upgrade or roll-back to an earlier version if you are using V1.2.0.

[/QUOTE
*It looks like I am on version 1.9? Is that a problem? Which version should I try?
*I can’t hook that specific cord up directly to my phone, I have an iPhone. I think my work phone is Samsung, I’ll try that next.
*i am using the USB port on the bottom of the control

I’m a lineman working down in Texas/Louisiana doing storm restoration following hurricane Laura. So the goal would be to try to get it working while I’m down here.
I'd like to see some pics of the damages down there so I hope you get it going and post some. I've been a lineman with a local utility since 1979 but started shooting trouble full time back in 2006.
DSCN3573 - Copy.JPG

Reactions: wild_matt

If you look at the DJI Go download page it says the the M2E should be using version v1.8.0 not v1.9.0R.
Not sure if this has any impact

1599458694749.png

I updated the DJI Pilot app, the Crystal Sky and the Mavic but nothing seems to help.
Be sure to update RC also. DJI made changes in the transmission encryption schema in firmware v01.01.0400
If not, there will be no image transmission due to incompatible firmware for the encryption function.

Be sure to update RC also. DJI made changes in the transmission encryption schema in firmware v01.01.0400
If not, there will be no image transmission due to incompatible firmware for the encryption function.
[/QUOTE

Thanks! I just checked and I am running version 01.01.0410

Got it!!
uninstalled the pilot software and reinstalled it. This time version 1.08 downloaded and not 1.09, started it up and works perfectly! Thank you so much to everyone that took the time to help! Looking forward to becoming an active member of this forum and learning as much as possible.

thanks again!

Reactions: Little bird
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98