DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help with DJI GO 4

Rafiky

Reactions
Before I started flying my M2Z yesterday, DJI GO 4 asked me to run an update, which I normally do in these occasions. After successfully updating the software my “Intelligent Modes” icon disappeared. I couldn’t run a hyper-lapsed mission I had planned.

I’m attaching the screen pictures for DJI GO 4 where you can see the icon is gone and the software versions. I’ve been running quite a few hyper-lapsed missions successfully prior to the upgrade. I use an iPad mini 4.

It must be something I’m missing, but I cannot figure what it is. Can someone please help? Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• D946BAF2-7AB3-4481-BA19-69273302DB47.jpeg
    D946BAF2-7AB3-4481-BA19-69273302DB47.jpeg
    734.2 KB · Views: 49
  • D480A5FE-22AA-4CD8-A2ED-71A60E231CC0.jpeg
    D480A5FE-22AA-4CD8-A2ED-71A60E231CC0.jpeg
    493.8 KB · Views: 48
Before I started flying my M2Z yesterday, DJI GO 4 asked me to run an update, which I normally do in these occasions. After successfully updating the software my “Intelligent Modes” icon disappeared. I couldn’t run a hyper-lapsed mission I had planned.

I’m attaching the screen pictures for DJI GO 4 where you can see the icon is gone and the software versions. I’ve been running quite a few hyper-lapsed missions successfully prior to the upgrade. I use an iPad mini 4.

It must be something I’m missing, but I cannot figure what it is. Can someone please help? Thank you in advance.

You need to be flying for the intelligent flight mode icon to pop up, going by your two photos it was grounded.

This might give you a better understanding on the app, helped me?

@Porky The intelligent flight modes are brought up from the remote controller icon. @Rafiky is not showing the remote icon on his screen. What I would do is refresh or reload the remote and aircraft through assistant 2. Also check to make sure the DJI GO 4 app doesn't need to be updated. I didn't check it when loading .300 and it caused me all kinds of problems.

Take care and happy flying!

@Porky The intelligent flight modes are brought up from the remote controller icon. @Rafiky is not showing the remote icon on his screen. What I would do is refresh or reload the remote and aircraft through assistant 2. Also check to make sure the DJI GO 4 app doesn't need to be updated. I didn't check it when loading .300 and it caused me all kinds of problems.

Oh well, wrong again.... thanks for putting me right?

Exactly same 'issue' happen to me once, got panic, thought some thing had went wrong again, and money had to be burn again.
like u , i immediately did a screen shot, wanting to come home and post for enlightenment.

Until i realised that, i accidentally push the 'Sport mode' button on the controller. LOL [emoji23]
All was fine when i switch it back to normal.

I still have my screen as attached [emoji28]
c292ff65970cb20204c148af3d83ad16.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: dwolfe002 and Porky
Oh well, wrong again.... thanks for putting me right?

Only part wrong. Once the controller icon shows up, you do have to be in the air to activate at least some of the intelligent flight modes. I took it that he couldn't get to any because of the pictures he posted.

Exactly same 'issue' happen to me once, got panic, thought some thing had went wrong again, and money had to be burn again.
like u , i immediately did a screen shot, wanting to come home and post for enlightenment.

Until i realised that, i accidentally push the 'Sport mode' button on the controller. LOL [emoji23]
All was fine when i switch it back to normal.

I still have my screen as attached [emoji28]
c292ff65970cb20204c148af3d83ad16.jpg
Did having the controller in sport mode cause the loss of the controller icon? Great reminder and much easier fix if the OP happened to do the same.

Did having the controller in sport mode cause the loss of the controller icon? Great reminder and much easier fix if the OP happened to do the same.

Once sport mode is activated, its will auto disengage ‘interlligent mode’ , not only this, also those obstacle avoidance sensors and so on...

Thats right, u will NOT have these 2 icon options there, once sport mode is engaged. [emoji28]

35a87447e8ad91af33518e0c135b03f3.jpg

Last edited:
I was talking about the remote controller icon that is normally on the far left of the screen in the DJI GO 4 app. That is what I use to get to intelligent flight modes. Since I have never been in sport mode, I did not know that it would disappear.

EDIT: Just tried it inside and it seems that when the remote is in ATTI or OPTI mode during startup the remote controller icon will not show up. Mine finally swithed to GPS mode and the RC icon appeared. Switched to sport mode and the icon stayed. When I switched to tripod mode the RC icon disappeared. So mine is backwards from both of you.

Last edited:
I was talking about the remote controller icon that is normally on the far left of the screen in the DJI GO 4 app. That is what I use to get to intelligent flight modes. Since I have never been in sport mode, I did not know that it would disappear.

My bad pal, just edited my earlier reply.
Sorry for any confusion caused. [emoji28]

EDIT: Just tried it inside and it seems that when the remote is in ATTI or OPTI mode during startup the remote controller icon will not show up. Mine finally swithed to GPS mode and the RC icon appeared. Switched to sport mode and the icon stayed. When I switched to tripod mode the RC icon disappeared. So mine is backwards from both of you.

Maybe due to model difference?

Im using mavic air here.
Will try again and update further [emoji1360]

Just did another run.
Indeed for mine once in sports mode, RC icon will disappear . Reappear in normal mode.
1309d6bcb57bc26208448d349a1e5d6a.jpg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851