DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help With First Video

Broken Star Photo

Reactions
I went out this morning after a fresh snow and shot a short video of the fresh snow and some deer near our house. When I watch the video on my PC after downloading it from the micro SD card the video is clear and sharp. Unfortunately, when I try to save it to upload for Facebook or Instagram the video quality goes right down the toilet. It is clear in some area and pixelated in others. I've uploaded the video so you can see the issues. What am I doing wrong???

Not sure why, but my video isn't uploading either. Hmmmm...

It's almost certainly not you. Facebook and Instagram probably have some setting when uploading videos that is causing to be a lower quality (resolution) than the original. Are you uploading it from a file on your computer, or directly from some video editing software? Mac or Windows?

I think it was my problem. Beeing a noob I had pretty much everything set to Auto for the camera. I have since done a bunch of internet research and discovered my settings were way off. I added a ND filter and set everything to manual mode. All videos have been much better quality since then. (At least the quailty of the video, not necessariy the subject content!!!) :) Thanks for the help gents!

I think it was my problem. Beeing a noob I had pretty much everything set to Auto for the camera. I have since done a bunch of internet research and discovered my settings were way off. I added a ND filter and set everything to manual mode. All videos have been much better quality since then. (At least the quailty of the video, not necessariy the subject content!!!) :) Thanks for the help gents!
Glad to hear you got it all sorted out.

Reactions: Broken Star Photo
just to add when posting videos in facebook. (lets say you're uploading 1080p videos)
-make sure"uploadHD" is enabled
-uploading from your mobile phone, the app won't really upload the best quality. Its either you upload using a PC/MAC/Laptop...or use a browser on your phone to access facebook
-on facebook/youtube.... after uploading the video.... the site would then process you video and publish the lowest quality....then it would process and publish the next higher quality until it publishes the HD version. so after uploading and posting...give it a few minutes . hope this help :)

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying