DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help with flight mode in new firmware 1.04

Spook2608

Reactions
Hi all,

A new Mavic Mini owner but impressed with it and especially this forum!

I am after some more help please.. I have only had a couple of flights so far and have now updated the MM and the android app to version 1.04 successfully.

I then went out for a test flight and the drone seemed to work fine (the compass seemed better) however I noticed that where the flight mode is usually displayed (think it just said P?) it now says N/A

If I go to the menu in the app non of the 3 options are highlighted (Position / Sport / CineSmooth), and can press one (Position mode) which seems to highlight it and then go back to the main app but it still says N/A on the top left. Going back to the menu and again, non of the flight modes are selected. I can go round and round like this.

Looking at the LED on the back of the MM if is flashing green which I thought meant it was in P mode?

Any idea why this is happening? And while it is like this I cannot choose any other mode, such as Sport... very odd.

Keen to try and sort this out.

Thanks all for your help.

Jonathan

you said you downloaded the new app update ,i presume you then did the firmware update to the controller and drone and then when it had finished did you switch the drone back on before switching the controller and display device off this needs to be done to store the new firmware in the drone

Reactions: Thomas B
Is there a separate firmware for the controller? The firmware for the MM was displayed in the app, so I clicked to download and Install that, which it did successfully and powered the MM down (I restated it)

The fly app didn’t update, so I went to the DJi website I downloaded it from there and installed it (it offered to upgrade the existing, which I did)

When I go into the fly app and then check the versions the MM reports 004 and the fly app does too, which I took to mean the updates were done. Is there another one I am missing for the controller outside of the fly app ?

Many thanks.

Jonathan.

Is there a separate firmware for the controller? The firmware for the MM was displayed in the app, so I clicked to download and Install that, which it did successfully and powered the MM down (I restated it)

The fly app didn’t update, so I went to the DJi website I downloaded it from there and installed it (it offered to upgrade the existing, which I did)

When I go into the fly app and then check the versions the MM reports 004 and the fly app does too, which I took to mean the updates were done. Is there another one I am missing for the controller outside of the fly app ?

Many thanks.

Jonathan.
go on the app with your AC and controller linked and device linked to controller touch the 3 dots top right of screen and choose about from the menu then that will tell you what your are on and if you need to update just touch check for update

Just as an aside......

What I have found that works best for me, is to do all my updates using the DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic. This way, I can update the AC and the RC separately, and confirm that they are indeed updated.

As for software on my phone, when it comes to certain apps (for example DJI Fly), I always remove the old version, shut off the phone (not just restart), then start the phone before installing a new version.

Is this all pretty cumbersome? Yes. Is this all really necessary? I don't know. Does this work for me? Yes it does, and has done for many moons.

Thanks for your advice, as far as I can tell everything has updated correctly and looks fine.

I still don’t know why I can’t set a flight mode and only have N/A in the fly app though.... what am I missing ?

Many thanks.

Jonathan.

This is a shot in the dark but it worked for pairing issues after firmware update to 300. Try starting without SD card, and/or format it.
Perhaps clear data for the app.

I know the "Quickshots" function will not be available unless your mini has an SD card in it (a proper one and also formatted to the mini). I don't know if it can also effect the flight mode as well but if it causes quickshots to be inoperable, then I would assume it's at least a remote possibility. Also look at your cache settings in the advanced menus as well. You never know, I have had some weird glitches happen on mine a couple times and I did a hotswap of the SD like "DanMan" suggested and it seemed to fix the issue.

It was connected, I was able to fly the MM will full video without a problem and had the flashing green LED. I will also able to take photographs... I will try formatting the sd card and see if that helps.....

Many thanks.

On other DJI drones you need to be above a certain height above the takeoff point for the modes to be available. Try going up 30 feet and try it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke