DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help with Gimble issues

ByronD123

Reactions
I am re to my drone. After somewhat if a hard landing, my drone was working fine. Shortly after I began to experience major issues with the Gimble and camera.

I am using Assistant II to calibrate the camera. One of the most notable issues I see is that the calibration lines do not align...

I am using Firmware v. v01.03.0700
I downgraded to Firmware v01.03.0600 and then tested the calibration and still have the issue.
I have re-upgraded to the new firmware and still have the issue.

In addition, the camera has a mine of its own....It typically rolls to the back of the unit...

On my iPhone screen, I get the warning that the aircraft motors is overloaded, check to see if the gimble lock is still in place..

I also get an indicator that the simple motor is restarting...It never completes this.

Please help

Attachments

• Mavic Pro Gimple Calibration - Assistant II issue.jpg
    Mavic Pro Gimple Calibration - Assistant II issue.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Mavic Pro Firmware.png
    Mavic Pro Firmware.png
    176.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Mavic Pro Screen warnings.png
    Mavic Pro Screen warnings.png
    228.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Gimble Failed.jpg
    Gimble Failed.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 24
You have 2 separate issues.

#1 Your gimbal going crazy is probably due to a torn gimbal flat ribbon cable, bad gimbal motor, or bad gimbal control board.

#2 FOA sensors need to be aligned. That's not your camera.

Check out this link, you can skip through most of it, calibration starts at 4m24s.

Hi, I had a similar problem (gimbal motor overload, gimbal restarting, etc). Gimbal was never able to calibrate. As mentioned above, I identified a torn gimbal motor ribbon. This was all before I had a change to fly the drone. I requested a refund from DJI and sent it back. I've heard horror stories of people asking for exchanges, so getting the refund and buying a new one should be the safer route. Anyway, hopefully your issue is not the same as mine was.

Having the same issues with the camera where it will roll. And won't move. Then it will shake uncontrollably

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pilot74sparki