DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help with glueing the camera mount/bracket - SOLVED

nick0

Reactions
Hello all,

I took my longest flight last night while everybody was in bed and I had a bit of time to myself. It was great but ended badly when I crashed into a tree, this was entirely my fault. On first inspection, the drone just had one broken arm (front left, up near the motor). I tried superglue (no good) so settled on two part epoxy that I applied and left overnight and then made two more applications today. It looks good but I have a new arm on order. I gave it a quick fly in the garden and its working well, but I have noticed that there is a fault with the camera, the DJI Fly app says, "Gimbal Stuck", and on further investgation, I see that the bracket that holds the gimbal (the one on rubber mounts) is in three pieces and also the ribbon cable has been detached. The camera itself is still shooting fine, but obiously without stabilisation.

I have the thing apart and I'm trying to glue it but its just not happening. I've tried superglue, epoxy, UV glue and a hot glue gun and none of those work. Is there a glue that will work with this, does anybody know?

If not, maybe I'll look at 3D printing a new bracket but I'd really rather not take things apart any further so I would rather glue the old one back together.

Thanks!
Nick.

EDIT: Or do you guys know if the Mavic Mini camera mount is the same as the mini 2 and I will just buy one?

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnnyD913
Hello all,

I took my longest flight last night while everybody was in bed and I had a bit of time to myself. It was great but ended badly when I crashed into a tree, this was entirely my fault. On first inspection, the drone just had one broken arm (front left, up near the motor). I tried superglue (no good) so settled on two part epoxy that I applied and left overnight and then made two more applications today. It looks good but I have a new arm on order. I gave it a quick fly in the garden and its working well, but I have noticed that there is a fault with the camera, the DJI Fly app says, "Gimbal Stuck", and on further investgation, I see that the bracket that holds the gimbal (the one on rubber mounts) is in three pieces and also the ribbon cable has been detached. The camera itself is still shooting fine, but obiously without stabilisation.

I have the thing apart and I'm trying to glue it but its just not happening. I've tried superglue, epoxy, UV glue and a hot glue gun and none of those work. Is there a glue that will work with this, does anybody know?

If not, maybe I'll look at 3D printing a new bracket but I'd really rather not take things apart any further so I would rather glue the old one back together.

Thanks!
Nick.

EDIT: Or do you guys know if the Mavic Mini camera mount is the same as the mini 2 and I will just buy one?
Is it a metal mount like on the Mavic pro?
If it’s plastic u can get a plastic welding kit
From harbor freight for less than $10..
Plastic welds hold incredibly well

Reactions: nick0
This is something I have been meaning to test out (just in case) but so far I have not had to.

FloPlast solvent cement plumbers glue. (Screwfix)

If it is the right type of plastic a tiny test blob of this glue will melt the plastic beneath it.

This glue will fix plastic bags; hard and soft; handbags; cat flap doors; guttering; plastic pipes, but only if it is the correct type of plastic in which case it welds the pieces together.

This is something I have been meaning to test out (just in case) but so far I have not had to.

FloPlast solvent cement plumbers glue. (Screwfix)

If it is the right type of plastic a tiny test blob of this glue will melt the plastic beneath it.

This glue will fix plastic bags; hard and soft; handbags; cat flap doors; guttering; plastic pipes, but only if it is the correct type of plastic in which case it welds the pieces together.
Heck yea, give it a try...

Hello all,

Thanks!
Nick.

Epoxy putty

Reactions: nick0
Okay, thank you to everyone that has offered advice here. I ended up buying some more superglue, but this time the Loctite one, instead of the generic one I used before. There were two options in the shop, a £6 and a £7 one. I went for the £7 one and its worked a treat. I can upload a pic of it if anyone wants it. The gimbal was broken in 3 places and it has glued it very well, seems nice and strong!

On the downside, the gimbal is now playing up, violently twitching at random times, I have posted another thread about that, with some footage, here.

Thank you all once again,

Nick.

Last edited:
Is it a metal mount like on the Mavic pro?
If it’s plastic u can get a plastic welding kit
From harbor freight for less than $10..
Plastic welds hold incredibly well
Sorry, just to say that the part is plastic!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada