DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help with navigation with my Mavic Air

I find that the radar display is the perfect solution for this situation and in general flying, it's much more useful than the map display.
It doesn't take much practice to get used to.
i-5cfZZ9H-L.png

In this screenshot the radar display is showing where the drone is from me and which way it is pointing.
It's about 45° out to my right and pointing away from me.
The home position is the centre of the radar display so it's a simple matter to rotate the drone until it's pointing toward the centre of the circle and bring it home even if you have lost sight of the drone.
Like this.
i-hrf2knm-M.jpg
@Meta4, do those concentric circles mean anything? Like distance from the Homepoint?

I find the radar invaluable. I only found it when it appeared by default on my Samsung Tab 2 tablet. It also helps with aligning your aerials to the drone

I find that the radar display is the perfect solution for this situation and in general flying, it's much more useful than the map display.
It doesn't take much practice to get used to.
i-5cfZZ9H-L.png

In this screenshot the radar display is showing where the drone is from me and which way it is pointing.
It's about 45° out to my right and pointing away from me.
The home position is the centre of the radar display so it's a simple matter to rotate the drone until it's pointing toward the centre of the circle and bring it home even if you have lost sight of the drone.
Like this.
i-hrf2knm-M.jpg
I lost video feed on my P3S once. I could see my drone, but couldn't tell which way I was pointing. After a moment of panick, I remembered this display. Pulled it up and was able to manually fly back.

This display truly is invaluable.

I didn't word the "washed out" problem properly..I meant washed out by the sun..I can see fine, don't have any vision problems, but when I get out into the bright sun the screen on my iPhone is washed out to the point of not being able to see it well. It's set on true tone. By not being able to see the screen properly I sometimes can't tell if I'm flying away from me or toward me.
I would use a ipad will help a bit with a sunshade and then put a white strobe light on top of your drone

On an Android device, tap the top right corner of the map display.
Maybe the same for an Apple device?
I dont know the appropriate naming, but regardless radar or simple map, the craft pounted nose reveals orientation to home

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs